Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blue Cat Limit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Cat Limit

Well i dont know if anyone has noticed,but sc has put a limit on blues out of marion and moultrie, the limit is one blue over 36" per day ,i am glad to hear it, maybe we will get the world record from santee again. just thought i would let yall know in case you go down there for the catfish tourney, my luck i would get into a school of 38" and have to turn them all back, but one,LOL

Post Thanks / Like

i think it is a great rule 5 years we will know if it helped any.

Post Thanks / Like

Great rule and I wish it was applied everywhere. Too bad it isn't Fish need to be harvested to maintain a balence, but taking just the big fish is selfish and irresponsible.

I think some people feel they have to keep fish to impress their friends and show off how good a fisherman they are. The real fishermen know they can release the fish and catch them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Most states protect the large blues for obvious reasons. Good rule that should be applied on all fisheries in SC.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great considering some of the obscene boat loads of catfish I have seen guys take out of there in a night.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I think its a good rule too.Now if we could get a similar rule on Lake Greenwood for channel cats except maybe a 21 or so inch limit on them.That way maybe we could protect the only trophy channel cat lake we have left.