Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night At Wateree

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Night At Wateree

GREAT! GREAT! night at wateree last sat. BIG CHAD, my brother, and my granddaddy, pappy cought the mess out of the what i call money fish blues. we fished only around cedar creek and the state park and had 5 fish that would win the money next sat. in the rodeo. all in all we had a good mess of fish we threw back all those money fish so pappy and trevor my brother could catch them again next week for the money but kept all the ones under 2 pounds. look out next sat. cause pappy and trevors found some great holes to fish and yall lucky BIG CHAD aint going to be their cause of me going to the race at bristal. nah yall have fun BIG CHAD out.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Gald you guys got on some nice ones,Hope they can win Sat..It would be great if we got some rain.How Big was that stringer? One fish last night was all I could get on the hook.36lb f/m that had no fight in her,Full of eggs looked like to me.Spawning still going on,this has been a crazy year for fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Flopeye
    Gald you guys got on some nice ones,Hope they can win Sat..It would be great if we got some rain.How Big was that stringer? One fish last night was all I could get on the hook.36lb f/m that had no fight in her,Full of eggs looked like to me.Spawning still going on,this has been a crazy year for fish.
    10/4 it has been a weird yr so far but the stringer was not even close to your stringer at the kat tournament but over 60 pounds with 5 fish so good luck sat. night and i'll be watching dale jr. get his a$$ beat again this sat. i hope their are still sportmans out their who would never cheat cause at work we work so hard and thats hard money earned. when people talk bad about comporium they just dont know were out there in 100 degrees puting cable and gas lines in so their happy. but good luck everyone. BIG CHAD out:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIG CHAD
    10/4 it has been a weird yr so far but the stringer was not even close to your stringer at the kat tournament but over 60 pounds with 5 fish so good luck sat. night and i'll be watching dale jr. get his a$$ beat again this sat. i hope their are still sportmans out their who would never cheat cause at work we work so hard and thats hard money earned. when people talk bad about comporium they just dont know were out there in 100 degrees puting cable and gas lines in so their happy. but good luck everyone. BIG CHAD out:D
    We got lucky bud,I posted boat up night b4 tourny,Came back and Jason had let all bait dye,( think God I had a 6 inch carp in pocket it caught all the fish) the batteries were dead,and achore was hung after that.About sunk toon trying to get to get it lose and to weigh in,Bubba dropped the big fish (about killed it)and we had 4 fish tied on boat,had to release one 22 lber just to keep them alive til we got to the weigh in at dutchman.I am a pipefitter so I understand the meaning of a buck.I am living off WC now due to fall and broken hip,and back.I dont like the rumors of cheating amd will have it stopped if I knew who started it.Good rodeo,wish it would be a weigh in alive tourny so there wouldnt be a question of when fish were caught.I had a big blue dye on stringer a couple days ago due to heat.I only wanted pic with it but had to fillet it,coonass wife made something that she put over rice that was too good.Might Kill and Grill alot more 20 to 30 lbers,Cull out some of the 80-110 lbers food eaters.Bet on tony this weekend.
    Last edited by Team_Flopeye; 08-22-2007 at 01:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

"...wish it would be a weigh in alive tourny..."

Ya, me too. I think a lot more people would fish it if it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliecat
    "...wish it would be a weigh in alive tourny..."

Ya, me too. I think a lot more people would fish it if it was.
    I dont think so.I think its the otherway around.Look at the number of fishermen at the live weigh in (carolina catman),21 fishermen,vs the last comporium event ,38 fishermen.A lot of folk just dont have a big boat and room to keep fish alive for long periods of time.
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD

Post Thanks / Like

It does not take a big boat to keep fish alive. I would rather see five boats with fishermen that have some respect for the resource than to see 50 fishermen that are willing to kill everything they catch to win some money.

If you want to make it a dead or alive tournament then make it a one fish tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

One fish is a good format. It really levels the playing field and makes more people able to win the tournament. If taking fish to eat is your goal there is no need to have a tournament to do it, just load up a cooler with them and take them home. If you like to take big fish, take them. It is your right to do so. I prefer smaller fish to eat. Big trophy sized fish are great fun to catch. I release them back for someone to enjoy again. Be it in the frying pan or a picture. It is an individual choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip
    One fish is a good format. It really levels the playing field and makes more people able to win the tournament. If taking fish to eat is your goal there is no need to have a tournament to do it, just load up a cooler with them and take them home. If you like to take big fish, take them. It is your right to do so. I prefer smaller fish to eat. Big trophy sized fish are great fun to catch. I release them back for someone to enjoy again. Be it in the frying pan or a picture. It is an individual choice.
    I agree that would be best.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree a 110% catnip i personally turn anything over 10lb back , but if my 69 year old mother comes down and i take her to wateree fishing ,if it comes on the boat it is hard to talk her into putting it back, she catches her a years worth of fish in 2 weeks and she eats catfish atleast twice a week ,and as long as she is able we will keep it up, i dont think anyone has the right to cast judgment on someone for the way they fish ,as long as it is legal,i have been to wylie after their so called catch and release bass tourneys and if that aint a bunch of feel good crap i dont know what is ,their are dead bass floating everywhere after the way in , i say respect the fish, respect the other fishermen, respect the lake and we would all be better off , and last but not least ya'll behave and play nice LOL JEFF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast