Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramps and water level at Wylie - Buster Boyd or Greenwood - Skippers Landing ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ramps and water level at Wylie - Buster Boyd or Greenwood - Skippers Landing ?

Was planning a crappie nightstalk 09/01/07 PM hours but have not been to the lakes in months. Just curious if I can unload and load up a 24 ft. TOON safely. Hate to drop off the edge and get towed. If Wylie is not accessable I'm curious about Greenwood. My pop already dropped two pretty Benjamin's once this year at Greenwood due to the same issues. Thanks ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Greenwood is fine, its pretty much normal level.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now Wylie is not the place to drop a boat in.

Copperhead Island access was closed today, Alliison Creek has two ramps closed.

Other ramps are open, but the water is really low. Nivens is probably the best bet on Wylie.

Post Thanks / Like

Ebeneezer is ok BUT watch out for the shallows around the park. Respect the marker buoys, the level is way down and you will be aground it you cut inside them.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the heads up on the wylie ramps guys. i havent been to the lake in quiet awhile and know nothing of their status. 33788 lives in atlanta and it is a long drive to make to not be able to launch his boat.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Buster Boyd is still open for now. Spoke with a guy at LW Marina yesterday. Duke Power information line would not offer up specific information on plans in the near future with respect to ramp closings. That ramp is long and shallow. It drops off severely at the end. I have a shallow draft boat and have moderate trouble getting in/out there. Have someone watch when you back in to make sure your trailer tires don't go off the end!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Looks like I'll be heading to Greenwood for some nightstalking then. Can't risk dropping off the edge anymore this year. I don't mind loading up on them white perches with a Hopkins.

Post Thanks / Like

PM Chrisblue, he can put you in all the white perch you want on Greenwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do Wyliecat and thanks. I'll be more then happy to help clean out Greenwood of them white perches. They are a mess lately, taking over all these lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

When the water returns to Wylie give us a call. We can put you on the "Hydrilla with gills" too. They need thinning out here in Wylie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast