Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Holder Ideas???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holder Ideas???

I have a 17' Tracker Deep V with the vertical rod holders that I usually use to stand the rods up in while I am motoring around on the lake. The problem is that on Greenwood there are a lot of bridges to go under at the upper end and the rods are to tall in the holders. Just wanted to know if any of ya'll have a better idea than laying them in the floor. That is what I have been doing while trailering and running under bridges. It works OK but can get a little crowded with 16 rods in the floor. I have never tried to break the rods down with line on them. How does that work??
    Like I said, there may not be any better way (besides getting a bigger boat), but I would like to hear any ideas.

Thanks
    skm

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster Tip Saver

DRIFTMASTER HAS A NEW TS-2150 HORIZONTAL ROD ORGANIZER.
    DRIFTMASTER.COM

MONK WILSON http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Post Thanks / Like

i just lay mine in the floor sometimes i will put a rag, bungee cord or someting around them if i make a long run somewere just to keep them together.

Post Thanks / Like

i guess the best thing to do if you going under low bridges would be to lay em horizonal when you go under em.. seems like that would be better than breaking em down.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I never break apart rods. If im fishing a lake with bridges, ill just lay my 20 or 30 rods on the deck. Just like when we go to Russell in Oct. Aint never seen the lake ,so well leave both rods on the deck, 2 should be all it takes:D
    Last edited by stump grinder; 08-19-2007 at 08:21 AM.
    Lets Go fish'n

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stump grinder
    I never break apart rods. If im fishing a lake with bridges, ill just lay my 30 or 50 rods on the deck. Just like when we go to Russell in Oct. Aint never seen the lake ,so well leave both rods on the deck, 2 should be all it takes:D
    you think it will take that many dale? i was figuring 2 rods per man on my boat should be enough to handle the crackers, that is probably a high estimate from what ive heard.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=rango]you think it will take that many dale? i was figuring 2 rods per man on my boat should be enough to handle the crackers, that is probably a high estimate from what ive heard.[/quote

Yea
    2 should be plenty.
    Remeber, Im just driving, Im gonna let the MRS.show the crackers how to catch SLABS
    Lets Go fish'n

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the imput. I guess I will keep laying them down like I have been doing. The driftmaster thing looks nice, but I just don't have the room.

Crappie Tracker, Haven't heard any reports out of you. You waiting for cooler weather???

skm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skm
    Thanks for the imput. I guess I will keep laying them down like I have been doing. The driftmaster thing looks nice, but I just don't have the room.

Crappie Tracker, Haven't heard any reports out of you. You waiting for cooler weather???

skm
    i have been working on the honey do list. trying to build up enough browney points for the cold weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink rod holders

I have the same holders and I break my rods down until i get to where I'm going to fish.Works ok for me.We usually have 16 rods 8 in each holder.
    Paul Brown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast