Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Getting there

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting there

O.K. Guys... The 24' toon is rebuilt from the toons on up with everything new except for reusing the railings. New aluminum flooring, new carpet, etc. I am about 80% done with the new trailer that I'm building from scratch. New tires, axle, frame, etc. Hope to be completly done come another 2-3 weeks. Need to finish the wiring on the boat (about 4 hours), and finish the trailer ( bracing the tongue, paint and wiring.) About all the welding is complete then need to work on about 40 rodholders. Those "Peachies" are gonna be in deep Kimshee come October. :D :D it has been a long hard road doing it all by yourself , altho I did have a neighbor come over and hold a wrench two times so nuts could be fastened in an area where it was impossible for one man to reach. Hopefully when I pass on to bigger and better things someone will be able to get many years of good use out of it. In the meantime tho them "Peachies" are probably gonna be crying and bleedin' all over it.
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

that's a big undertaking, I'm thinking about something along them same lines to put a cover over part and fishing deck on the front part. But I'm not sure where the time will come from for me to start. Deer and Dove season is right here and the football season kick's off friday night so there goes the weekends. :D :rolleyes:

But I'm glad you'll have her ready for the peach mashing come oct. :D
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Carl,

You're going to send them peachies over the edge. They are already worried enough. All this talk about a home made slab catching machine and 40 rod holders could do them in. We at least want some of them to show up for the clash.

Post Thanks / Like

carl, too bad you and i dont live across the holler from each other. we could exchange ideas for working on boats. ive run outta ideas (actually im not out of ideas, but outta money) for mine so now i just prop on the rail in the mornings with my coffee, watch the world come alive and admire my handiwork :D. sounds like you gettin er done.......
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Carl
    Sounds like you've been busy as a Beaver getten your toon ready for the showdown. Be sure to show us some pics when your done., And O yeah don't forget to put the towel rack on it for the Clash Trophie that you boys will be taking home with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default O.K.Beagler

You and Gabowman are more then welcome to come fish on my boat and be on the winning team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :p
    Being a full time care giver to my wife it has taken a long time building the toon plus the weather has not helped. She is almost a complete invilid and it has taken a lot of my time which I do not begrudge in the least. I just thank the Lord I am retired so I can spend the time with her she requires. I really do hesitate to be away from her more then about 4 hours at a time but I figure taking care of her is more important then fishing regardless of how much I enjoy catching those slabs. I have made the front gate (through the railing) bigger so possibly I can get her wheelchair on the boat from the dock via a ramp. If I can get her on board you "Peachies" could be in a lot of trouble!! She usually outfishes me when I can get her out. I used to be able to pick her up and get her in my skiff but due to my old age I cannot manage that anymore. Hopefully with the toon I can get her on via a ramp. (Main reason I got the toon) Regardless you "Peachies" ought to think real serious about if you want to fish on the winning side or "THE CRYING SIDE" :p :p

Post Thanks / Like

Carl

It takes a man to take care of his wife like you do. So many today would just say the heck with them and do what ever they wanted to do. I imagine you've been to THe Park at the Boat dock it has a nice ramp that you could roll your wifes chair down then on your toon. Of course they'll be plenty of people that would help if needed and you can count on me. At the picnic shelter it should be cooler then and there's plenty of shade . as well as restrooms for the handicaped.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Carl, we gonna hook up one night and get after them slabs (just not during the clash). :D You and the Mrs. do all you can to make it to the clash on Saturday night and I'll be more than glad to give a helping hand getting you guys situated on your "new" toon so the Mrs. has a great time. Still looking forwards to meeting all of ya even if you are sandlappers! :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. do appreciate all the help offers. I do still need to make or buy a ramp to use between the dock and the boat without things slipping and dumping her in the water. I have ideas to where I can do it by myself once I get it worked out. We'll get there soon cause that girl can fish!!