Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rescued....

Post Thanks / Like

Default rescued....

i was in wal mart the other day and seen a box of bargain basement rods on sale. something caught my eye and it was the tip of an ultralite ugly stick lite in amongst all them overpriced and undersold sucker rods.. i got excited thinking id found a deal so i took it to the register to have it scanned to see what they wanted for it. it wasnt on sale. the clerk said someone must have got it off the rod rack and stuck it in there with the elcheapo (pete specials) rods. feeling sorry for such a fine rod being stuck with all them "illegals", i bought it, and a reel to mate it with. its now residing on the beast, ready to come to the clash.....:D
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I gathered from your signature that you are an ugly stick man.

I learned the hard way about other rods after going through countless rods with my kids. They'd step on them or slam the trunk lid on them. We even broke one once in the Walmart parking lot.

When my son was about 4 yrs old, I got tired of him breaking the kiddie combos, so I bought him a stainless steel rod. And wouldn't you know it, it slipped out of his hand as he was casting and sank in 17 feet of 50 degree water.

Anyway, we've broken only one ugly stick, but at least it wasn't broken on the tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    i was in wal mart the other day and seen a box of bargain basement rods on sale. something caught my eye and it was the tip of an ultralite ugly stick lite in amongst all them overpriced and undersold sucker rods.. i got excited thinking id found a deal so i took it to the register to have it scanned to see what they wanted for it. it wasnt on sale. the clerk said someone must have got it off the rod rack and stuck it in there with the elcheapo (pete specials) rods. feeling sorry for such a fine rod being stuck with all them "illegals", i bought it, and a reel to mate it with. its now residing on the beast, ready to come to the clash.....:D
    It seems to me your depending on them Ugly's to win the clash for y'all.
    Sad News it's going to take more then that. It's going to take pure skill .
    Getting nervious aren't y'all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagler
    It seems to me your depending on them Ugly's to win the clash for y'all.
    Sad News it's going to take more then that. It's going to take pure skill .
    Getting nervious aren't y'all.
    yep, i am depending on em to get 'er done. Im sure everyone's heard the expression---whupped by a ugly stick---- when the clash is over with, you guys will have been whupped by hundreds of em.........geez, the crackers are gonna be a mess....:D

Post Thanks / Like

yep, i am depending on em to get 'er done. Im sure everyone's heard the expression---whupped by a ugly stick---- when the clash is over with, you guys will have been whupped by hundreds of em.........geez, the crackers are gonna be a mess....:D
    A lot of people have told me that I was whupped with an ugly stick.....I don't think it had anything to do with fishing rods.:p

Post Thanks / Like

I own one ugly I have my bait casting reel on it. Never caught a thing. I've caught most of my fish on rods I bought at the Auction. there good enough to do the job on you NIghtStalkers. After all it won't take to much.
    The only mess I see is y'all trying to get out of the Park after seeing them monster slab we bring to the scales.
    Please make us one promise y'all let us see your fish.

Post Thanks / Like

An ugly stick to a bowman Boy is one to short to make the sheep back up!

Post Thanks / Like

thats bout the only way they sell ugly sticks........the stores trick ya into thinking they are on sale!
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Carpie
    It seems to me a lot of the Sandlappers put a lot of faith in there Ugly Sticks. They give them confidence. You know some people carry a rabbit foot for good luck. The Sandlappers carry there ugly's for the same reason. They carry ugly sticks at the walmart in ELberton and Hartwell but that just for the Sandlappers.

Pete
    That's the only way they can sell a Ugly Stick here in Ga if it's with the bargain rods. Unless it's to a sandlapper of course.
    Last edited by beagler; 08-09-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

after the clash i'm looking for a huge run on ugly sticks all over the state of georgia. every cracker at the clash will wind up buying at least a dozen or more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast