Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Murray 8/1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Murray 8/1

Finally got to go fishing after to many weeks of not getting there. Was invited to night fish on Murray for stripers. Got there 6 PM and fished till 8/2 at 7 AM . Connected on 14 stripers with 9 keepers. Largest fish was near eight lbs with two more at 7 lbs. Kept four just under 21 inches as we had two men in the boat. Four foot green light did the trick. Bite didn't start till around 10:45 pm and was steady till day light. Used up five dozen baits. Lost three small stripers at the boat. Biggest fiasco was a 7lb or so gar that wrapped six lines togather before we could get him to the surface and cut the line.... What a mess. Took an hour to get all the lines back in. Nice striper catch and a great night. Water temp 83 degrees. Air temp was perfect with a slight breeze. Ready to go back. Lots of fillets in the freezer.
    Last edited by Iamfishing; 08-04-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch,was you fishing near the towers?ready to get back down myself,havent been but once this summer at night and we caught 6 before a storm ran us off the lake,that sure is some fun when they hitting like that

Post Thanks / Like

good report steve. i been wanting to make a trip down there myself. nights when they bite like that are addictive.......
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...