Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Levels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Levels

Went to Lake Wylie yesterday (July 30). Of course we had to make a contribution to the state of SC (out of state fishing license) before getting on the lake. Sure is sad when NC and SC cannot come to terms about using home state license at Wylie.

Was really suprised at how low the lake is. I had checked Duke Energy web site (www.duke-energy.com/lakes/) for the water level (down 4.7 feet) but had never visited Lake Wylie when it was that low.

We put in at BB bridge and another boater told me that there some other boat ramps were closed. If the lake drops much more will the lake be closed or is there other ramps you will be able to put in at?

Ranger R61

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger R61
    Went to Lake Wylie yesterday (July 30). Of course we had to make a contribution to the state of SC (out of state fishing license) before getting on the lake. Sure is sad when NC and SC cannot come to terms about using home state license at Wylie.

Was really suprised at how low the lake is. I had checked Duke Energy web site (www.duke-energy.com/lakes/) for the water level (down 4.7 feet) but had never visited Lake Wylie when it was that low.

We put in at BB bridge and another boater told me that there some other boat ramps were closed. If the lake drops much more will the lake be closed or is there other ramps you will be able to put in at?

Ranger R61
    three years or so when the lake levels dropped so much almost all the ramps was closed. i think they closed em all at bb but one and allison crks was blocked off. i think copperhead was usable but it was costing to put in. it was weird to see the lake with little if any boat traffic on it.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I went out of town Thurs and came back yesterday to find the lake, which was already down, had dropped more. I think it's the lowest I've seen it in 5 years. BTW rango--that was the year it was so far down, not 3 years ago. At least you remember it happpened Half the brim bed by the house is dry and the rest is in about 6 inches of water. Will try fishin deeper to see if they are holding there.

One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    I went out of town Thurs and came back yesterday to find the lake, which was already down, had dropped more. I think it's the lowest I've seen it in 5 years. BTW rango--that was the year it was so far down, not 3 years ago. At least you remember it happpened Half the brim bed by the house is dry and the rest is in about 6 inches of water. Will try fishin deeper to see if they are holding there.

dang, dont seem like its been 5 years. time files when you having fun....:D was that photo from 5 years ago or the present?

Post Thanks / Like

I took my grandson catfishing Tuesday morning and I put my pontoon boat in on the middle ramp and the axle on my trailor fell off on the back side of the concrete ramp. I tore up my bumper on my truck trying to get it out. I had to wake my son-in-law up at 5 A.M. to bring a bucket truck from his work to pick the trailor out of the water. My neighbor did the same thing with his pontoon 2 years ago and he tore the axle off the trailor trying to pull it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Country Boy
    I took my grandson catfishing Tuesday morning and I put my pontoon boat in on the middle ramp and the axle on my trailor fell off on the back side of the concrete ramp. I tore up my bumper on my truck trying to get it out. I had to wake my son-in-law up at 5 A.M. to bring a bucket truck from his work to pick the trailor out of the water. My neighbor did the same thing with his pontoon 2 years ago and he tore the axle off the trailor trying to pull it out.
    Yikes..big boats,platoons etc. are nice & relaxing.But on other hand puts you in a disadvantage & from sounds of it "COSTLY"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    dang, dont seem like its been 5 years. time files when you having fun....:D was that photo from 5 years ago or the present?
    That pic was from this morning. I've seen and heard of lots of truck bumpers and trailer axles getting torn up when a trailer backs off the ramp on all kinds of boats.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

i remember coming into the allison landing when it was so low back then and this guy was going ballistic. he had put his wife on the pier and told her to let him know when the wheels got close to the edge of the ramp and she failed to warn him in time and the trailer dropped off the edge of the ramp and he was hung up on the ramps edge. one of three things probably happend when they got home. she shot him, whupped his butt or divorced him. this guy was really upset and i dont think she let him get by with it after she got out of the publics eyes....

Post Thanks / Like

country boy which ramp did you go to?

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the middle ramp at the Allison Creek landing. I usually put in the ramp on the left hand side but there was an old man there last week that said it was easier to use the center ramps because there was not any sand over there. WRONG!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast