Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Catfishing At Fishing Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catfishing At Fishing Creek

today when i woke up still mad that i didnt finish the rodeo last night cause of my partner i desided to go fishing at fishing creek boat landing off of old 21 where the old fish camp was. when i got there at 2 pm the wind was blowing real steady, just right for drifting so i started in 28 foot then moved into 30 and 35 foot it took a while before i caught a fish but when i did it was a nice 15 pounder. iv heard there was big cats in there but i really didnt believe it until my second rod hit the water with a solid 23 pounder. after that no more big ones but had a 6, 5, and 2 pounders, i turned all back in i have enough fish to eat on right now. going to monticello again tommorrow hope to get some big ow cats in the morning. ill post how it went.:D

Post Thanks / Like

good report,i havent catfished that lake in many years,sounds like it may need to be checked out again,they ought to be a few good ones in there,i wouldnt think there are too many people targeting em right now,but you prolly just turned a few heads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab_hunter_29730
    good report,i havent catfished that lake in many years,sounds like it may need to be checked out again,they ought to be a few good ones in there,i wouldnt think there are too many people targeting em right now,but you prolly just turned a few heads
    yeah i think so. today was the only day iv ever got a big cat on white perch. that 15 was on white perch. you know there alt to be some bigger cats than 23 pounds in their?

Post Thanks / Like

have anybody ever got a bigger cat out of their?

Post Thanks / Like

shhh,Mike has been getting big blues from his pier on fishing creek across from springs park.I hope to spend a weeek or month up there soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Flopeye
    shhh,Mike has been getting big blues from his pier on fishing creek across from springs park.I hope to spend a weeek or month up there soon
    10/4 on that. congrats on last night, yall just lucky my partner was acting like a 5 yr old and begged me to go for 45 mins, cause i think i had a few more good spots to try. dont spend it all it it one place, see ya next tournament.:D

Post Thanks / Like

got bud to drive me to get motor (THANKS DROPLINE)got home shad car had a flat,so got ride from girl that I took out last night.Gate was locked.Came back home tired to call them &$%&*@$^ at the hunt club.No luck,Had some Master lock keys so went to try my luck.Keys didnt work.Came home agian,took old ladys truck to buds house got his moped.I drove it thru woods to get to boat.Had 2 bream,got to Lake and set up on honey hole st 11:20,landed a 34 inch FAT MALE BLUE,( at 12ocolck)No water runnning.bait getting low missed two slow bites,then here came granddaddy,about wore me out 24 mintue fight,another BIG FAT BLUE,38inches plus.Wife called and I went to leave...Guess what? My dumbbutt had ran all my batteries down again.LMFAO what a dumbA.Paddled toon to dock and rode moped home.I love this lake,sometimes life is hard,but them big blues make it all better.It 3:04 now,got to go get a cold beer.I fished hard,or worked hard to fish.Think I need one! Hey lets have a rodeo where you hav to paddle in to weigh in,Heck its bot going to be much over 100 degrees this week,I bet it rains Sat for tourny.

Post Thanks / Like

Life sometimes sucks but then we go fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

yep its all good now,Lets go fishing.