Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wateree catfish rodeo report from 7/28

Post Thanks / Like

Default wateree catfish rodeo report from 7/28

had a good turnout last night considering what the weatherman was calling for,we had 38 people show up,for a pot of $760 at $20 a head,the rain held off for the most part,had one good shower that lasted for about an hour,other than that it wasnt too bad,wind was managable,water temp about 82,Flopeye won 1st place and $400,didnt get the folks name that won 2nd and $200,tyler and jason got 3rd and $160,which beat me and crappie snapper and charlie out by a pound to finish up paying spots,was a close weigh in with flopeye winning by a little less than a pound over 2nd and then it dropped a few pounds down to tyler and jason beating us by a pound for 3rd,bite was pretty slow for the most part for everyone,with mostly small ones pecking at the baits,big fish for the event was flopeyes 22lber and think he also had one that went about 11 lbs,was an enjoyable event with alot of interest being shown to continue having em,i think the next one will be around the end of august,either the 3rd or 4th weekend,will post when i hear from the guys that are organizing,hopefully the participation will keep rising,it has gotten bigger at each one,just basically by word of mouth,hopefully see some of you at the next one

Post Thanks / Like

Were all the big fish released alive???
    Cattamer.com

Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATS to all yall, that was alot of money maybe next time ill have a better partner, one who wont melt in the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

yes,as far as i know,i know flopeye released his,sorry about ya partner there chad,i think there was a few that bailed out in the rain

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea on the weights for 1st-3rd place?

Post Thanks / Like

i dont remember the exact weights,i missed a few folks weighing by getting the boat loaded and tied down,but as close as i can tell you,1st was 34lbs,2nd 33lbs and 3rd was 16lbs,give or take a few ounces on each,the bite just wasnt that good last night for heavy stringers,you could catch all the 1-3 lb fish you wanted,just couldnt hook up with the big uns

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billfish76
    Were all the big fish released alive???
    DAy 89 and 1/2 of 90 Rodeo!!!I got two nice (1 F/M and (1 Male)blues tonight,and one 1 lb channel that won the rodeo.Bud fishing with me got a 4 to 5 ft gar.Great fight on light tackle.Caught both blues on cut Bowfin,Go figure.I couldnt get to the wall.Fished just north of it for the whole time. The winning channel was caught on mud turtle parts.
    DAY 90 ON WATEREE was a good one Thanks.Fish were dropped back in the hole they can from.My mate did alot to keep them alive.I would like to see all fish alive at weigh in,But other than that it is a great group ,and I would be the first to say THank YOU for a good time.It gets boring out here some nights.Got skunked tonight,not even the 10 oclock fish,only had one good bite.

Post Thanks / Like

I might need a partner.I picked up mine on the creek last night before i started fishing.His uncle was mad,but he had a great time with his gar lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Flopeye
    DAy 89 and 1/2 of 90 Rodeo!!!I got two nice (1 F/M and (1 Male)blues tonight,and one 1 lb channel that won the rodeo.Bud fishing with me got a 4 to 5 ft gar.Great fight on light tackle.Caught both blues on cut Bowfin,Go figure.I couldnt get to the wall.Fished just north of it for the whole time. The winning channel was caught on mud turtle parts.
    DAY 90 ON WATEREE was a good one Thanks.Fish were dropped back in the hole they can from.My mate did alot to keep them alive.I would like to see all fish alive at weigh in,But other than that it is a great group ,and I would be the first to say THank YOU for a good time.It gets boring out here some nights.Got skunked tonight,not even the 10 oclock fish,only had one good bite.
    whats Bowfin.

Post Thanks / Like

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...Picture046.jpg http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...nt=Picture.jpg The bowfins are an order (Amiiformes) of primitive ray-finned fish. Only one species, the bowfin Amia calva, family Amiidae, exists today, although additional species in six families are known from Jurassic, Cretaceous, and Eocene fossils. These included the huge Leedsicthys, the biggest fish that ever existed. The bowfin and the gar are two of the freshwater fishes still extant that existed, almost unchanged from their current form, while the great dinosaurs roamed the earth.

The most distinctive characteristic of the bowfin is its very long dorsal fin consisting of 45 to 50 rays, and running from mid-back to the base of the tail. The caudal fin is a single lobe, though heterocercal[1]. They can grow up to 1 meter in length, and weigh 7 kg.I was going to send it to someone alive for display,it died I hate to say,but the old time fisherman say the lakes are full of them.I hate I killed it but, I didnt waste it.
    Last edited by Team_Flopeye; 07-29-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast