Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent night on Greenwood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Decent night on Greenwood

Myself and the wife took off last night for a little trip on Greenwood after I finally got my boat trailer fixed yesterday.
    We got set up in a little drift pattern in the Reedy River around 9:00 last night and started catching a few fish. We were fishing in anywhere from 16'-13' feet of water finding fish stacked everywhere. Water temp is around 85. We caught 20 crappie with the largest few probably going half a pound.
    Not bad I didnt think for a hot summer night in July.We sit out there and watch the lighting storm off in the distance, pretty good night.:D

Post Thanks / Like

we was watching the same storm from the parking lot of clearwater landing on wateree. only problem was it was right in front of us and seemed to be stuck in one spot. for two hours we set there watching it just hang there, right in front of us... messed up our plans for last night. no fishing and no fish.....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not bad firefighter. Sorry you guys didnt get any real large slab crappie but that's fishing. Watching those storms are kinda cool as long as they stay far away. Been there, done that a couple of times myself. Congrats again.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greenwood

Yeah that storm did seem to sit there forever.It had some real good lightining in it and was cool to watch, like yall said from far away.Sorry it ruined yalls plans there Rango.
    Cant wait till Oct. for the clash, gotta start getting up with some people I know that fish the Hill pretty regular and try and get us some good holes to hit,you know those holes that only us SC boys know about...LOL. You gonna get to fish with us Bowman? Gonna be great get to meet everybody ya talk to on here in person and sip some Amber with them and catch some fish couldnt ask for any better weekend in my book.:D :D

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forwards to it Firefighter! It'll be great meeting some of you guys.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice

Nice catch and report firefighter. I haven't heard anything from Greenwood in a while now. What do you use for lights?? I am planning to fish this weekend. I was planning on trying for cats, but your report gives me a little hope on the crappie.
    skm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greenwood

SKM all I use for lights is a couple of those clip on style lights with the silver back and made me a light tower our of a 8' piece of 2" PVC and run them off two old truck batteries.Works pretty good for me.If ya goto Greenwood and hunt for some crappie we found them if ya head up the Reedy to the little bridge where that Pier is come back twords Twin Rivers a little and you will see this big house on your left that has the big boulder thats got a waterfall built in it.We started our drift right there and drifted to the dock next door where this guy has this ungodly bright Sodium Vapor light that aims down teowrd the water when he is out there fishing, and thats where we got em..I figured that big old light of his had probably brought every bait fish in the lake to hios house so the Crappie and everything else followed.It was a good night though because we only caught a couple of perch.Usually this time of year its hard to catch any crappie because the white perch are so dang thick.
    Also if ya gonna go after cats I marked alot of fish dead on the bottom hugging near the river run in there so I was guessing those might have been some cats.If they were there was a good many of them layed up in the Reedy..
    Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea at 8:30 a bolt of lighting hit the bank about 1/4 mile away from me it was the biggest and loudest thing I have ever seen,Almoxt like a big camara flash.This was in the elbow at Cedar creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for the info firefighter. I know exactly where you are talking about. You are right about the perch. I wander why they are worse this time of year???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast