Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nighttime on wateree 7/25/07

Post Thanks / Like

Default nighttime on wateree 7/25/07

finaly got a chance to hook up with danny (bandman) and his son ross on their boat for a nighttime striper trip to wateree. wed been trying to get together for a trip for awhile and last night we finally got'er done. we was at clearwater cove ramp preppin the boat to put in when ross asked danny for the boat keys. when danny asked arent they in the boat? i started gettin a sinking feeling......it was 8:10 pm and the boat keys was at home, a hour and half one way from us....soo, deciding to complete our fishing trip, we unhooked the boat in the parking lot and danny took off to get em while me and ross guarded the goods....at 10:30 danny returned with the keys, after finally getting a signal and reaching his wife on the cell she met him in chester with the keys so he dint have to drive all the way home. we got to the honey hole around 11pm and i had four rods to fish and when i was readying the 4th rod the third rod went down.. a nice little 4 pounder that made good his escape at the boat before the net was slid under him. within 5 minutes i had another 4 pounder on so i thought its gonna be another banner night. we settled down, unfortuantly the bit never got on. we fished till 9 am and called it a night. the night was long and uneventful other than the gnats that swarmed us for about a hour just before daylight. we wound up with a half dozen or so striper, a good mess of catfish and a few perch. we had a good time even if the bite wasnt all that well and danny carried a decent mess of fish home. i was suprised to see the water temp had dropped from 83 on my last trip to 81 for this one. i figgered it would be warmer but it wasnt. it was really nice to finally get on another boat as a guest and not dealing with mine so i enjoyed the freedom for a change...that dont happen very often anymore and it was nice to be able to do so.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

You're a tough old geezer Rango. Somebody would have had to crack my kneecap every little bit with the thumping stick to keep me awake all night.....I ain't as tough as I used to be.:p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1
    You're a tough old geezer Rango. Somebody would have had to crack my kneecap every little bit with the thumping stick to keep me awake all night.....I ain't as tough as I used to be.:p
    we was all draggin when we got in. i slept most of the day, woke up for supper, watched a couple hours of tv and went back to bed. slept till 4:30 this am when my internal alarm woke me and im ready to go again . we caught a decent mess of fish for danny but i hated we dint have a banner night like we been having, so his boy could get in on the action. but he done all right. i gotta hand it to him. he stuck with us all night, except for about a 30 minute nap around 3am. thats good for a 11 year old on a all nighter....

Post Thanks / Like

thats what I call pure retirement.
    G3PO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettw
    thats what I call pure retirement.
    I can't wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

retirement leads to temptation which leads to all night striper trips which leads to tired old men which leads to all day sleeps which leads to another all nighter. retirement is rough. you boys better hold off on it till you sure its what you wanna do....:D

Post Thanks / Like

i agree, i made that decision(with the help of my doctor) 6 years ago,at the rip;e old age of 28, now i find myself sleepin while everyo ne else is workin and i'm often up till the wee hours of the mornin doin absolutly nothing......

it's a rough life,but someones gotta do it.......meanwhile the working class can secure our checks!!!!!!

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

ill be back on wateree again tonight with the beast and ot. guess its another sleepless night fighting striper, catfish, perch and them durn gnats......

Post Thanks / Like

You are living the dream!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    retirement leads to temptation which leads to all night striper trips which leads to tired old men which leads to all day sleeps which leads to another all nighter. retirement is rough. you boys better hold off on it till you sure its what you wanna do....:D
    LOL yep wish I could get a big stripper,seems all the big ones are gone,atleast the numbers of big ones.What size you guys getting down the creek?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast