Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: monday at monticello.

Post Thanks / Like

Default monday at monticello.

this morning i went to monticello and thought when i pulled up today was the day cause the wind was just right for drifting, and the water was not to low or two high. but after fishing for two hours and the wind started to die we only had 15 or so rangeing 2 to 4 pounds no monsters, i hate to be disapointed cause when we left at 2p.m. we had 25 great eating blues but i'v caught those size cats all my life. Man im ready for my 120 quart cooler to be full with only three or four fish oh well one day maybe. I hope its next saturday at wateree cause lord knows BIG CHAD could use that money:D but anyways great day for small cats not to good for giants. BIG CHAD out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIG CHAD
    this morning i went to monticello and thought when i pulled up today was the day cause the wind was just right for drifting, and the water was not to low or two high. but after fishing for two hours and the wind started to die we only had 15 or so rangeing 2 to 4 pounds no monsters, i hate to be disapointed cause when we left at 2p.m. we had 25 great eating blues but i'v caught those size cats all my life. Man im ready for my 120 quart cooler to be full with only three or four fish oh well one day maybe. I hope its next saturday at wateree cause lord knows BIG CHAD could use that money:D but anyways great day for small cats not to good for giants. BIG CHAD out.
    does anybody have a comment?:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIG CHAD
    does anybody have a comment?:D
    When are you having fish fry?:D

Post Thanks / Like

All jokes aside, I'd love to have a cooler full of eating size cats. Well, maybe not a cooler full, because that would be a lot of work cleaning them. What kind of bait were you using?

Post Thanks / Like

25, and disappointed !!!
    HEY,,WATCH THAT YELLOW ROD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw
    25, and disappointed !!!
    hey bo, im not disapointed but i can go there and get those size any time, i just want to get better at getting those big cats:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishnLine
    All jokes aside, I'd love to have a cooler full of eating size cats. Well, maybe not a cooler full, because that would be a lot of work cleaning them. What kind of bait were you using?
    i was using herrion and cut bream. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Been doing about the same as you have, out of six trips we have caught around 20 blues each time between 2 and 4 # with a couple of ten #'s throwed in , most on cut herring . Can't seem to catch any big ones. Eddie

Post Thanks / Like

BIG CHAD, we all would love to catch a cooler full of big fish every trip, but if everyone keeps all the big fish they catch then there will be no big for folks to catch. The smaller blues are the best fish to catch and keep anyway, since reducing the number of smaller fish will provide more food for the larger fish.

Furthermore, very few serious anglers are going to be willing to share ideas and locations on how to consistently catch big fish if all you are doing is taking them home for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliecat
    BIG CHAD, we all would love to catch a cooler full of big fish every trip, but if everyone keeps all the big fish they catch then there will be no big for folks to catch. The smaller blues are the best fish to catch and keep anyway, since reducing the number of smaller fish will provide more food for the larger fish.

Furthermore, very few serious anglers are going to be willing to share ideas and locations on how to consistently catch big fish if all you are doing is taking them home for yourself.
    wyliecat i think you got me BIG CHAD all wrong. i ONLY KEEP WHAT ME AND MY FAMILY can eat! I always put those big cats back. what I ment was I will like to get my coolier full with three monsters but that dont mean im keeping them ok so get the facts straight before you say nobody will give me advice on good spots.the only thing i mint last week was i have been trying for three yrs. THREE YRES to get those 30's and 40's thats a long time. How long was it till you got your 30 or 40 wylie cat?