Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Small World

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small World

I went to Russell today and there's not much to say about the fishing. 1 crappie, 2 big blue gill, 1 white perch(1 1/4lb) and 1 catfish. I didn't expect it to be too great, but I promised my son we would go.

I had some brush piles I wanted to fish early, but distant black clouds sent me to the bridge to see what the weather was going to do. Along came a center console and asked me if I knew much about the catfishing in Russell, talked a minute, and he moved on up the lake. A short while later, he was coming back through and informed me he had a weather radar on his phone and for me to keep a close eye on the storm, because there was a lot of lighing in it. He was right.(Thanks for the tip Chris, there was some close lighting) Me and my son ended up sitting in the truck, for an hour, waiting for it to move on. Anyway, we were talking about this and that and he mentioned he guided on Lake Greenwood and Monticello, so I asked him his name and it was Chrisblue.

A few months ago I saw beagler on Clarks Hill and the only reason I knew it may have been him, was from a post saying him and his grandson was going, but it makes me wonder how many times some of us have talked to another crappie.com member without even knowing it. If Chris had not mentioned his guide service, I would have never though anything about it.

So, I've waved at beagler, talked to Chrisblue, and who knows, some of us may have met and never knew it.

Post Thanks / Like

You never know who your going to meet. ANd it's better to meet them as a friend then as a enemy.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was nice to meet you.We ended up driveing the 12 or 15 miles back down to the ramp we put in and sat in the truck for what seemed like an eternity.Once the cloud finnally passed over we went toward the dam and I think thats where we made a mistake.Theres not many places to fish down there without trees all over the place.We finally found a creek that was driftable and caught two small channels but by then it was mid day and the bite was over.I will be back but I will fish in the far upper reaches of the rivers instead of the lower part of the lake.Pretty lake and very secluded, only seen one jetski the whole day.