Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bluegill freak

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bluegill freak

Hey partner i didn't catch any crappie today but we ate fish, alot of it. i should have taken some pics but I am out of bateries for the digital. Me and the son cought 22 huge bulls at the free launch bridge today on crickets with a bobber about 10 foot deep. We used a real small split shot so as not to spook the fish. We were at the third concrete peer over from the launch side of the bank fishing right beside the peer and just dropping the bobber and cricket down, it was automatic and everyone of them were big bulls. Just thought you would like to know partner.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report me my grandfather and a friend are going sometime this week. I'll let you know how I do.

Post Thanks / Like

We were using crickets, I tried jigs and minnows but they tore the crickets up, I was using a tiny splitshot about 10" from a #4 gold hook, about 6-10 feet deep on a balsa bobber, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Them gills love some crickets dont they.................we fished a few times for them last summer when it was too hot to fish for anyting else, we had a ball. They would slam that cricket as soon as it hit the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the tear them crickets apart, it's unreal.

Post Thanks / Like

I normally use a size 6 eagle claw hook with a size three split shot 6 to twelve inches above it baited with night crawlers or crickets, and the occasional bobber for brush. Try this sometime during day fishing trips hook a bobber 2-3 feet from the hook with no split shot and a cricket so that the cricket sets on top of the water or slightly under it. This will drive bluegill into a top water feeding frenzy. This technique was the only way I could catch gill's when my mom, step dad, and I went to noris lake.

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

try a fly rod with a popper and you will have a blast
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)