Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Neatest Thing For Cooking Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Neatest Thing For Cooking Crappie

They have a new deep fryer out called cool touch. It is an insulated pot with an insulated lid and filter on it.
    you just heat it up fill the basket with fillets close the lid and lower the basket into the greese and it cooks with out popping the grease or smooking up the house.
    got mine at walmart for $15.00.

also great for cooking frozen food without splattering greese everywhere.

~ sticko ~

Post Thanks / Like

Compared to the Fry-Daddy and Fry-Grand-Pappy, what size is it? (How much oil?)
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

they have different sizes mine holds about 1 quart. of oil.
    mine has a basket that will lower after the lid is closed and the lid has a gasket on it .
    the hole thing is very easy to clean also.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried one and it didn't work so well. It wouldn't allow you to dial in an exact temp and never did get hot enough for my tastes. Took a long time to warm up as well.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

I got one as a gift for Christmas last year and I love it. The one I have I would say is similar in size to the Fry Grandpappy. It's very convenient for my wife and I. It really helps keep the smell down if you want to fry fish in the house!! If you are cooking fish on a large scale you probably don't want to use this- it takes too long. I tried cooking a bunch of fish for a get together and it took forever, should have just used propane and dutch oven outside or in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

it hard to beat the old cast iron pot and the propane burner--i have been grilling alot of fillets here lately--using lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper--pretty simple and tastes pretty--nothing beats the hot grease though
    Get the net!

Post Thanks / Like

I like my fry daddy for just the family but if doing a bunce for the entire family and who ever shows up and they do! I gt out the big fryer
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried everything but what your using and I would just be down right scared to stop using my Fry-Daddy!
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

i have a hamilton beach fryer and it holds a lil more than a half gallon of oil.. i wouldnt trade it for the world...i used to suck at frying fish so would bake em most the time.. this thing makes it easy as pie

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of those fryers with the drop basket. It works quite well, and has the exhaust holes at the top. Somehow after eating speck a bunch of different ways, i prefer to fry them in a pan rather than a fryer. Strange, but the breading always gets too hard a thick; and that's even when im watching it to make sure it's not over cooked. Fry pan just has a better taste to me :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast