Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gunterville-Help, I'm lost!!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Gunterville-Help, I'm lost!!

I will be coming down to Guntersville to fish in about 2 weeks. Any fishing reports, tips, or advise would be greatly appreciated. It will be the first time I have ever fished there. I won't lie, we are coming to fish the CAST Classic. All help will be greatly appreciateD.
    Thanks <,"}/>{Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Just checking for a pulse? Anyone alive on this board, or is this just for readers only?

<*]><

Post Thanks / Like

Where will y'all be launching from? (The following is information I have been given and have not experienced for myself this year) Most of the crappie are hanging around the edges of the creek channels especially if you can find a creek channel that runs close to a milfoil bed. It is the normal summer pattern. 15-20 feet of water would probably be a norm. There are some deeper water bluffs that a few can be caught from around also. Give me a launch area and I will try to be more specific.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

We will be taking off from the State Park's main ramp. I am told this is about the midway point. We were thinking about fishing North from there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for responding CallShy! <,"}/>{ Rippa

Post Thanks / Like

We mostly fish south of that area but only because it is closer to home. E-mail me @ [email protected] and I will try to give a little more info. if you need it.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Kevin Bill Guest

Exclamation Guntersville

Just Fished the tourney with CAST I never saw one crappie on my or my buddies pole!
    I wish I would have came to this forum before I went down.
    I had alot of fun catching the bass though I had a great time got wet and burned but well worth the trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bill
    I never saw one crappie on my pole!
    Ditto for me! Terrible fishing! We fished right next to Wally Marshall & Jeff all day for both days. They caught the fish, we were blanked. The top 5 teams were all fishing the same creek channel that Bart & I were fishing in ther Saute section of the lake.

I vertical jigged a brush pile on the creek's ledge for 10 minutes...nothing. Wally & Jeff pulled up on to it 5 minutes later, and caught a 1.55lber in less than 30 seconds! Knowledge is truly a major factor!

At least Bart & I ended up in 7th place in the points race for CAST this year. We at least felt good about that. There are tons of excellant teams involved with our Association. Maybe we will meet at a future event sometime Kevin Bill!
    <,"}/>{ Tim Fahrenkrog AKA Rippa