Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot resorts

Me and a couple friends were interested in traveling down to reelfoot next spring. I thought this would be the best place to get some information. We were thinking about going down in probably March. Is that a good time to go, and if not, when would be a good time? What would be a good resort to go to? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I am by no means a self proclaimed expert on this lake or the resorts. Here is what i have found. Have stayed at the Bluebank Resort the past two years and have not had an ounce of trouble. No complaints about anything. That said, i think you will probably get the same report about most of the resorts. My advice, pick one that is located as close to where you plan to fish as possible. In other words, dont stay at the lower end of the blue basin if you plan to fish at Eagle Nest Timber, likewise dont stay north if you plan to fish mostly in the lower basin. This cuts down on your travel time. That early in the year, the lower basin will probably give way to a little more success, unless there is an unusually warm spring, that said, the middle and upper basin would suit me better, to jig the timber that is. Again, i am not an expert, jsut a guy from northern Ky who has made these observations. I hope to stay in all of them some day!. I have driven and looked at most all of them and wouldnt shy away from any of them. So far, i have been pleased and right now see no need to switch. However, next spring i might have a look at a resort that splits the lower and middle basin, to give me more time and more options. My .02

Good luck,
    Chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

March is a great month to fish, but real iffy on planning a trip from far off not knowing ahead of time what the weather will be like. Could be spring like, like this past season or winter! I've gotten to where I don't plan ahead of time for March. I just eye the extended weather and when a stretch of two to three days of good weather hits, I head to the water. Good luck next March!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a horrible trip at Blue Bank-Check posting Bad trip At Blue Bank On this site.items missing from boat-only got less than 1/2 of the fish we caught-questionable Guide- A real mess. Room was so small we had to leave most of our clothes in the car.Pretty place with a nice brochure be careful. One more thing I sent 2 e-mails to the place trying to discuss the trip and they did not have the common courtesy to answer. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Resorts

You didn't say if you were bringing your boat, or doing the package thing. I
    like White's Landing, they are on the south end of the lake.
    They have the boat package or just the rooms, and if you have a room you can put your boat in a covered slip for free and they have a guard on duty at
    night to watch over things.
    If you gonna fish the north part of lake the only place that I've stayed is the
    Eagle's Nest and I had the package deal.
    I've also had a bit of a deal with Blue Bank, but alot of people swear by them.
    I would stay with one that is on the waterfront, is just my suggestion.
    March is a great time th fish, but wind is a major factor in March on Reelfoot. Last March I took my family, and we didn't get to put my boat in the lake because of the wind, so keep that in mind.
    The crappie bite well on in to April and even May, hope this helps you.

Good Fishing.............spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

Default Only one place for me....

SouthShore Resort....

go to Jimbosjigs.com to see photo's of resort...

call and ask for Rick...tell him Greg B sent you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses guys. We'd be using the boats at the resorts. My uncle fished down there once and he said the crappie are so big at reelfoot they're almost deformed. What would you guys call the average size of the crappie there anyway?

Oh one more thing, are the snakes as bad as I hear? I don't mind snakes too much, but I don't think me or my wife would be too found of one crawling in the boat with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Default nate...

Snakes are not a problem....March/April...fine...May, june etc...you will see more...just gotta watch out for them from time to time if your up in the Cypress....avg crappie I would say....3/4 to a pound...on average...caught some dandy's outta there..2 + one pushin 3.

Post Thanks / Like

south shore resort is my pick, good boats and motors
    for the package.

john b.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind, "resort" is relative. These places are far from female friendly if they are not fishing. There is nothing else to do if you don't fish. I leave my wife at home. It makes for a more pleasurable trip. Great fishing and good resaurants.
    Accommodations are adequate at best at most places, but clean.
    My $.02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast