Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Gang>>>It's Time to fish again???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Gang>>>It's Time to fish again???

Hello to everyone on the board. Hope you all have been filling up the livewells. If I have some time off I plan to do the same this next week. Noticed there are several new members, and I would like welcome you all to the board.

So where are the fish bitting guys????
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Muddy water

It is indeed time to fish. I just wish I had better conditions here where I live. This is all flat farmland and all the lakes are extremely muddy, from all the rain. Not to mention constantly changing water levels. This is my week to go, though, and I'm heading over to Tew Lake this afternoon. While I'm thinking about it, I'll head outside and load my posthole digger in the boat so I can get my jig down.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tommy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hello to everyone on the board. Hope you all have been filling up the livewells. If I have some time off I plan to do the same this next week. Noticed there are several new members, and I would like welcome you all to the board.

So where are the fish bitting guys????

Hello, stranger......good to see your name popping up on the board again. I was beginning to think you had been kidnapped and put to work in the canefields in S LA... :D

We've picked up 15 new members since your hiatus to the Texas job, which brings us to 21 in N. LA, 6 in central, 17 in S. LA and 2 that haven't given us their location for a total of 46 in the state. And they're still registering!

Where are the fish biteing?? We're waiting for you to get back and tell us where they're hiding..lol! Dave has been under the weather and unable to get out, and much the same for me, but not due to sickness. I'm planning to be in S. LA this weekend to put some fear in those specks and redfish, something I've been craving for a long time. It will be the first time out of this house in more than a month...."cabin fever city." Also, when Dave is able, we're going to try Caney again if we can choose a day when the wind is below 30 mph. My last trip out was with my brother to Cypress, but we only caught 6 keepers and a small blue in 30 feet of water, on the bottom.
    Maybe we can hook up on the Caney trip...keep in touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Hello, stranger......good to see your name popping up on the board again. I was beginning to think you had been kidnapped and put to work in the canefields in S LA... :D

We've picked up 15 new members since your hiatus to the Texas job, which brings us to 21 in N. LA, 6 in central, 17 in S. LA and 2 that haven't given us their location for a total of 46 in the state. And they're still registering!

Where are the fish biteing?? We're waiting for you to get back and tell us where they're hiding..lol! Dave has been under the weather and unable to get out, and much the same for me, but not due to sickness. I'm planning to be in S. LA this weekend to put some fear in those specks and redfish, something I've been craving for a long time. It will be the first time out of this house in more than a month...."cabin fever city." Also, when Dave is able, we're going to try Caney again if we can choose a day when the wind is below 30 mph. My last trip out was with my brother to Cypress, but we only caught 6 keepers and a small blue in 30 feet of water, on the bottom.
    Maybe we can hook up on the Caney trip...keep in touch.
    Hey labill,

Are you going with a guide. If so, I know a guy by the mane of Capt. Bill Lake in the Dularge area. He is a great guide and always has put me on the fish. We always limit out with this guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pooch....You know us oil field men have always got to be digging a hole in something...LOL Just hate it when it's water!!!

Bill, I am headed out to Caney this morning. Made that long trip up to Walker Creek yesterday and brought back 5 lbs of Rosies. Some friends of mine have already been catching fish in the shallows along with others that are catching them at the damn still. Should be very interesting. I plan on spending most of the day with the cam out, but will be ready to entice them with a full arsenal if I do locate so many that the condition looks unsafe for them all to be there....
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default basinfisher....

Quote Originally Posted by basinfisher
    Hey labill,

Are you going with a guide. If so, I know a guy by the mane of Capt. Bill Lake in the Dularge area. He is a great guide and always has put me on the fish. We always limit out with this guy.

I will be going with a guide. It was set up a couple weeks ago, in Happy Jack below N.O. It's been a long time since I've been in South LA, and I'm looking forward to the trip, even if it's only a week-end. I'm planning another trip with my son this fall, I'll give your man Capt. Bill Lake a try. Do you have a ph# for him? Thanks for the help, basinfisher.....and good luck!