Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: So much for night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default So much for night fishing

Left for Big Sandy about 4:30 with plans to fish til around 10 or 11 tonight. Forecast was 30% chance of scattered showers and wind around 5 mph. Got to McKenzie and it was blowing, raining, and lightning. We figured it would pass on over so we just kept heading that way. So did the rain, wind and lightning. Stopped at Cane Pole's house and visited with him and Honey. The wind was coming across the lake and it was thundering and lightning like crazy and his jon boat with his new outboard was down at the dock taking on water and getting blown around. It finally blew over and calmed down and we hit the water about 30 minutes before dark. Caught a bunch of dinks and a decent catfish that broke my line. Got to see Todd (Crappiehunter) and his lady friend too. About 9:30, guess what? more lightning and wind started to pick up. Didn't get to try out all the cool lights and stuff! Oh well, maybe next time. Ended up back at Cane Pole's eating pizza and telling lies and having a good time anyway!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good trip all in all. Keep us posted on your nitestalking developments. I'm trying to learn, myself, but old habits are hard to break. I still yearn for the day on the lake with my pole in one hand and my sculling paddle in the other. Gotta do what you -CAN do these days.

Post Thanks / Like

good times +good friends =LOW STRESS. Sounds like a fun time for all.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nice trip...
    Its a wonder that Todd did not shut the bite down there.
    He was here at Pickwick with me Thursday Evening. And could not catch a thing.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Got to go fishing.....caught fish....spent some quality time with friends. Sounds like the perfect way to spend the evening despite the weather.