Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Rigging main lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging main lake?

Anyone ever spider rig main lake bluffs?
    Or the main lake drops. Like were a creek channel and river channel come together?
    Just doing some thinking and looking at spots to try out.
    Would be fishing Pickwick lake above the dam.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess this question is just way to hard. LOL
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Pete,

This is an extremely effective way to catch crappies. However my experience is limited to lower elevation, less "clear" lakes. I have caught tons of crappies bottom bouncing and strolling live bait and double jig rigs on creek channel edges - both main and secondary. The water in the channels, especially a little deeper will be cooler. I have proven this many times with a temeprature gauge and a submersible probe. In the winter it can be slightly warmer. A very small change in water temperature, PH level or oxygen content can really effect the location of crappies. Creek channels generaly have more favorable conditions in the summer or hot months. find a location that has some bait schools, a channel break or edge at that depth, and you will more than likely find crappies and lots of other fish as well. That depth will vary from day to day, week to week etc... Electronics are soooooo important when trying to find good spots like this to fish. You can even find temp breaks with high powered depth finders. Like I said earlier in this message, I have very little experience on the clear deep lakes here in East Tennessee. But I am sure the same applies, just a little deeper due to water clarity. I fi were you and had the time and equipment, I'd be looking for the spots you described and fishing the all summer long.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Crappie Killer
    Pete,

This is an extremely effective way to catch crappies. However my experience is limited to lower elevation, less "clear" lakes. I have caught tons of crappies bottom bouncing and strolling live bait and double jig rigs on creek channel edges - both main and secondary. The water in the channels, especially a little deeper will be cooler. I have proven this many times with a temeprature gauge and a submersible probe. In the winter it can be slightly warmer. A very small change in water temperature, PH level or oxygen content can really effect the location of crappies. Creek channels generaly have more favorable conditions in the summer or hot months. find a location that has some bait schools, a channel break or edge at that depth, and you will more than likely find crappies and lots of other fish as well. That depth will vary from day to day, week to week etc... Electronics are soooooo important when trying to find good spots like this to fish. You can even find temp breaks with high powered depth finders. Like I said earlier in this message, I have very little experience on the clear deep lakes here in East Tennessee. But I am sure the same applies, just a little deeper due to water clarity. I fi were you and had the time and equipment, I'd be looking for the spots you described and fishing the all summer long.

Mark
    Thanks Mark.
    I will try that and see what I can lean while fishing it.
    Pete

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

it will work had 18 saturday was long line trolling on bluffs the fish were on any place on the bluff that jutted out slow trolling would have worked better but left my long poles home had to troll 1/4 oz real slow to get it to run deep enough to catch them