Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help an Ohio guy out :)

CrappieChris Guest

Default Help an Ohio guy out :)

Hello all,

My family will be comming down to Douglas Lake from June 9th thru the 16th. We are staying in a cabin not to far from Mountain Cove Marina.

How is the fishing in that area? We are not the most experienced fishermen but we do release all the bass we catch. We would like to catch enough crappie or blugill for one fish fry though so any information anyone would care to share would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

I'm not the most experienced on Douglas, but I can tell you there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people on this board. Read the nightstalk posts you see from Uncle Dave. He seems to be doing well after dark on the crappies. Several people have told me that the bream, bluegill and shell crackers are starting to show up in the typical spawning areas. Basic stuff like crickets and worms should get you enough for a good fish fry. The water is now very warm in the creeks - 80+ throughout the lake. So pick a likely looking area and work it over good, you shouldn't have much trouble. The crappies go fairly deep in Douglas this time of year from what I have heard. Unless you are well versed on structure fishing and fairly deep trolling for craps - I'd focus on the gills. Good luck, be safe, and enjoy the time fishing with your kids in our great state.

Best fishes',
    Mark

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

sent you a pm

CrappieChris Guest

Thanks for the help guys. Sinkum, ill keep your offer in mind, that was very generous of you. We are really looking forward to some relaxing time off.