Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pickwick Lake Fishing Report May, 25, 07

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickwick Lake Fishing Report May, 25, 07

Hey Ya'll, I'm sorry I'm so late with the report this week, I've been on hold trying to connect up with Roger Gant, but couldn't run him down for his report.
    The crappie bite has been slow here, but the ones that are catching them are
    side pulling and long lining out the back of the boat in 18 feet are deeper of water, using black/charteuse and charteuse/yellow jigs off the bottom.

Catfish are biting good on all the standard baits. I heard that they are back on the rock walls again on the lake.
    If ya'll need turkey livers, Eddie's Supefoods 1050 Wayne Rd has them in Savannah. There are on the left all the way back in the corner.

Bass: They still catching some on Bandit's a long the banks, but most are in about 10 feet of water, being caught on lizards and brush hog's.
    White bass are still running at the dam and Diamond Island.

Striper's: Are still willing to bite at the dam drifting back to the first power line
    on minnows or jerk bait if they start busting the surface.

Well that's all I got, and I'm sorry for this late report, will do better next time.
    Be safe and good luck.

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports.
    I need to get my body in the mood to fish again.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report

Pete, I here ya buddy, but I'll wait til the holiday weekend is over and I can have the lake to myself again.
    My wife and myself and Baby Girl [wennie dog] took chichen livers [cooked]below the cabin and watched the sunset on the lake and munched on them livers. :D
    I thought I seen your truck and camper at Bruton Branch Park, but it was some other old fart. Man the park is full and running over, looks like tent city
    and them kids are having a ball.

srm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickwick Fishing Report

I forgot to say something, If any of ya'll are fishing the lake and using Bruton
    Branch Ramp, We have the old store, use to be called Mac's, is open now under new management.
    It is now called T-Bone And Sally's, nice people. They have fishing worms but, I don't think they have minnow's.
    They have groceries and beer, bar-b-que, hambugers and Sally makes the best chicken salad you have EVER put in your mouth.
    T-Bone has white beans, cornbread and onion for $1.50.
    Stop by and check em out they're good people and are trying very hard to
    make to store go, I will find out what time they open [sorry] but I know they are open til midnight.
    And no I have no part in the store, and no family members there, just trying to help the fisherman.
    Good fishing................srm

Post Thanks / Like

SMR if that place has hookups. You would see my truck, camper and boat there. LOL
    Or if they only had electric. I would camp there some. But then again if they did have it. Everyone else would camp there. LOL
    Guess I will just camp in your driveway. HAHA
    I am with you, Come Tuesday I will think about getting on the water again. Not before that.
    Pete

PS Livers are for fish bait not eating.

Post Thanks / Like

Default T-Bone Got Me In trouble

Man Man Man, Last night about dark I went down to the new store at Bruton
    Branch [T-Bone & Sallies ] and got me a bowl of them white beans,cornbread and onion. :D
    Needless to say Ole T-Bone didn't roll the air out of those beans. And tonight the wife said one of us had to go. So I've been trying to sleep in this recliner and can't get back to sleep.
    You wait til I see T- Bone tomorrow, I'm gonna get'em, boy that was low down, I wouldn't have done him that way.

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man
    Man Man Man, Last night about dark I went down to the new store at Bruton
    Branch [T-Bone & Sallies ] and got me a bowl of them white beans,cornbread and onion. :D
    Needless to say Ole T-Bone didn't roll the air out of those beans. And tonight the wife said one of us had to go. So I've been trying to sleep in this recliner and can't get back to sleep.
    You wait til I see T- Bone tomorrow, I'm gonna get'em, boy that was low down, I wouldn't have done him that way.

spider rig man
    Your not right. :D And anyone that cooks beans and does not put a pinch of baking powder in them. Needs to be stuck in a room without windows for a few hours.:D

Now lets think about getting out and fishing starting tomorrow. .:D :D
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Arrived to late for a shadey spot to pitch a tent. Found a spot at the end of the trail race by the botel. It did have water and elect., but out in the open.
    Had to use showeres in campground.

Saturday morning fishing was the pitts. Found 2 4# bluecats in 20ft of water.
    Lots of waves from the kids at play.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished yellow creak sunday and monday morning till the kids got to active. Dragging minnow on bottom in 18 to 20 ft of water produced 2. Others have a few more.