Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: beetle spins

Post Thanks / Like

Default beetle spins

Do any of you guys have any sucess with beetle spins?
    I talked to a guy last weekend that said he really does well when the crappie move to the bank using beetle spins. I have never used them - I sure would appreciate some tips on how to fish them and what colors for what water.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenmc77777
    Do any of you guys have any sucess with beetle spins?
    I talked to a guy last weekend that said he really does well when the crappie move to the bank using beetle spins. I have never used them - I sure would appreciate some tips on how to fish them and what colors for what water.

Thanks!
    I have used the bettle spins some here in N La. I usually use a little mini cast rod with a spin cast real on 6 lb test line. I have used numerous colors - just take several combinations and try to find the one that works best. I like the black head with white and anything chartruse. I've fished it several different ways but the one i like is to pitch to the bank and hold the rod tip up and reel slowly back to boat. I ffishing heavy cover let it ride just above the cover and use a stop and go with the reel. If fishing logs pull down or over the logs and let it fall. Usually they will hit it on the fall. Well, that's the way I do it and there are probably a hundred other ways out there. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

I fishied them as a kid ; as shiners was up to 3 cents apiece. We would only fish the Spring/summer till it would get too hot. We would fish them as fast as our little 33"s would go And the crappie would hit them hard. Bettle spin, H & H. inline spiners are all good.We would also fish a shiner with a spinner on a 2/0 abeerden hook fish slow as lovetofish said BBeaux

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use them in the summer time to fish for white perch. i use a 1 1/2" black split tail with yellow stripes. Sometimes add grass shrimp or a piece of shrimp. Throw towards the bank and steadily reel it in. I use an ultralite and it is a lot of fun. Like someone else said, anything in the water will hit them. Including Flounder!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va