Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weekend tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend tournament

I hope to see some of you guys at the crappie tournament this Sunday at Lake Fausse Point State Park. I hear the weigh in is at 2:00 pm.
    I hope to fish a little while with my brother sacalaitsteve in one of our so-called honey holes down the road from the park and then pickup and get to the park to watch the weigh in and shoot the breeze with everyone.
    I will probably have my not so lucky Elmer's Island cap on. As I do not know what everyone looks like because we talk through these computers I ask that if you see me please say hello or something.
    I hope by the time the weekend is over I can report a good catch.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

I Decided To Go Today For A While. The Wind Or Cold Wasn"t Too Bad. The Water Was High And Muddy Looking. I Went To A Point In The Lake Along Bayou Amy And Then All The Way South In The Last Bar Pit. I Caught A 2# Bass And That Was It. I Probably Won"t Fish The Tourny And The Weather (rain) Doesn"t Look Too Good. Also If You Are Going Out Of The Park Make Sure You Go Idle Speed Until You Clear The Park Area. The Rangers Are Pulling Boats Over And Giving Tickets. Hope To See You Sunday Afternoon. I Will Be Wearing Something With Louisiana Lightening. Usaf Retired....1954-1975

Post Thanks / Like

Post Fausse Point

Hey Deacon & Benthook, I've been thinking of fishing Lake Dautrive this year, any hints -- Whats the best way to get there and Fausse Point also. I was in the basin today also. Tried for sac,s only a little while. The fish were suspended close to the bottom. When the barometer drops with warmer weather and a full moon the fish will move up in the water column. Did you fish Bayou Amy Benthook. I heard that fishing the drains from the crawfish ponds had produced; since Amy is so muddy. fresh water & food -- I set out a trotline but only left it a few hours. Baited with small crawfish but water is too high. Good thing is the river is dropping fast and the water is passing over the locks so Henderson is draining. Later, Beaux

Post Thanks / Like

lake dautrive is high and muddy. i went about a half mile into amy and couldn"t pick anything up, there is a current moving into dautrieve. the drains are further north towards catahula and i didnt want to make the run. if you leave out of maurice, your best bet is to go thru st. martinsville, couteau holmes and to the levee like your going to go to bayou benoit, continue on to lake fausee point camp grounds. yesterday i drove thru henderson to the levee and took it to the campgrounds. its a good blacktop road. its convient for me as i live on the northside of lafayette. hope this info helps. maybe we can get together for a trip. USAF RETIRED......1954-1975

Post Thanks / Like

Benthook is correct, the lake is high and muddy. We got 2 1/2" of rain yesterday which did not help matters. I am sorry I did not make it out to the weigh in at lake fausse poing Sunday. The rain got me down and I just stayed home an watched TV Sunday.
    However, Saturday was a different matter. I took my small pull-over boat and went to Yellow Bayou out by Verdonville. Caught 22 of the biggest sacalait I ever saw in my young 49 year old life (LOL) Caught them on shiners and then went to chartreuse and black tube jigs with a crappie nibble. They would take the bait and pull the cork about 1 to 2" under the water and hold it there.
    Fished at 2 1/2 feet deep in about 4 feet of water near the bank with a cork.
    When we caught one we would anchor and pick up two or three more and then move on. Out of the 22 I think maybe 3 or 4 did not have eggs.
    I think if a man can find some water that was not affected by the rain yesterday he could catch a bunch. If the spawn is not on it will be by the end of the week. (My opinion)
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.