Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any Kentucky Lake or Barkley Lake Fishing Reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Kentucky Lake or Barkley Lake Fishing Reports?

Would love to see some reports on Kentucky Lake. Anyone been fishing there and want to tell us what the crappie fishing is like out on the ledges?
    Regards,

Moose1am

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey Moose ....

Do you ever check the live lake cam on Ky Lake ? Moors Resort and Marina has one online, that's pointed out towards the main lake (from inside the Marina, over the gas pump dock, and looking at the mouth of the bay and the "retainer wall"). You can get a quick idea of the lake level, weather, and wind .... by clicking on the site.
    Right now, the lake looks to be up a little (since the "wall" looks fairly well covered) ... but, couple that with the reports from the guides around there, and you'll have a good idea of the lake conditions. You can see the lake cam at - www.weblanding.com/lakecam/30.htm ............cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link CP. I checked it out and man the lake looks so calm tonight. Wish I were there fishing right now instead of at home. One thing I love about Kentucky Lake is a nice quiet evening on the water. That lake is so beautiful at times.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    Do you ever check the live lake cam on Ky Lake ? Moors Resort and Marina has one online, that's pointed out towards the main lake (from inside the Marina, over the gas pump dock, and looking at the mouth of the bay and the "retainer wall"). You can get a quick idea of the lake level, weather, and wind .... by clicking on the site.
    Right now, the lake looks to be up a little (since the "wall" looks fairly well covered) ... but, couple that with the reports from the guides around there, and you'll have a good idea of the lake conditions. You can see the lake cam at - www.weblanding.com/lakecam/30.htm ............cp
    Regards,

Moose1am

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation one thing to remember ....

that cam is showing the "bay" area in front of Moors ... the "main lake" is on the other side of that retainer wall - and it can get a little hairy out there, if the wind is blowing in the right direction !!
    But, you are right ... when it is "flat water" or just a relatively calm chop ... it's a beautiful body of water! I just wish it wasn't a 5.5hr drive for me, to get there ... I'd be there a lot more often ! ...........cp

captainbezerko Guest

Default Fishing reports

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Would love to see some reports on Kentucky Lake. Anyone been fishing there and want to tell us what the crappie fishing is like out on the ledges?
    Here's a couple of links for ya: www.kentuckylakebarkley.org/FishingReport.html

www.kentuckylake.com/fishingreport.htm

The first one tends to be more updated. You'll see if you watch it from time to time. Good luck and Good fishing.

Kevmc Guest

I fished out of Paris last week, cold and windy! I got about 15 each day, with a few going 2#'s! Not fast and furious but it's Feb.. Fish were on main lake channels about 20 ft. down. Minnows and tube jigs/nibbles both worked.

Thanks to Richard W. for some tips that helped!

Kevmc

Post Thanks / Like

Well after I got my new R. Williams 12' poles the other day I knew I had to fish this weekend to see if they were really as good as everyone has said. I fished Saturday and the fish are definitely active. The water is rising now on KY. Lake after the recent rains and should help pull the fish more shallow. Most fish on Saturday were still deep. Also if you are planning on buying any new rods this spring you might want to consider Richard's poles. I think they handle great and they are super sensitive. By the way I am not getting paid for this advertisement. I just think if a person is looking for a bargain with high quality they might want to look in that direction.