Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going to Big Sandy tomorrow. Help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to Big Sandy tomorrow. Help?

I'm taking a buddy with me tomorrow, and I don't want to be embarrassed not finding any fish! Where can I get some good crappie tomorrow? (5/19)?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Sandy

Casey,
    I caught a limit there last Friday. Found my fish on the drops in 16-18 ft. of water. I tried some 12-14 ft. and did pick up a couple keepers, But there were a lot of dinks to weed out. The bite was real light, But when you set the hook they would put on a fight.
    Best Colors last week were orange/chart. and red/chart. north of the powerlines and black/chart. south of the lines. Not sure why, But thats how it was.
    Hope you have a good time up there!
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gonna try

Failed miserably!

Fished north of the powerlines today, right out near Buchanan Resort, so basically right near the mouth of the river. 14-18 feet was my depth, but I never got a hit.

I'm going to try again tomorrow, this time closer to the powerlines?

I also went over behind Fat Daddy's looking for a bluegill bed, but I failed there, too. Either not much is going on, or I'm an idiot....which is a revelation I've had to face before! I did find some bass back there, but nothing else of interest.

I have a 10 week pregnant wife who wants a fish fry, and I'm screwing this up!