Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good Day For Us

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Day For Us

My buddy and I went to Indiantown, launched at about 8:00 in a light rain. The rain stopped in about 10 min. We fished till about 4:00 and wound up with 37 y. perch and 1 crappie about 11 in.
    The weather was perfect but the bite was a little slower than I had expected.
    Bill H.- It was great to meet you and your partner. You guys obviously know how to have fun while fishing. I have a pic. on my digital camera and think I can e-mail it to you if you give me your address.
    I talked to crash yesterday and he wants to go 1 day this weekend so if it turns out to be Sun. then I won't be able to get with you guys at Tull's. I do want to go there soon.
    - Brad Baker
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Roy's son usually goes with use on the week end. When he finds out how good the yellow perch are biting down there, he may want to go there. I do want to get a close up look at your rod holders. They sure looked good to me.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I really like those rod holders. They will come in handy when I fish by myself.
    The woman (?) at the ramp said she weighed a yellow perch yesterday that was over 2 lbs. We didn't have any that big. We had some over 12 in. but not any over 14 in.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

Default good to here someone is catching fish

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    My buddy and I went to Indiantown, launched at about 8:00 in a light rain. The rain stopped in about 10 min. We fished till about 4:00 and wound up with 37 y. perch and 1 crappie about 11 in.
    Bill H.- It was great to meet you and your partner. You guys obviously know how to have fun while fishing. I have a pic. on my digital camera and think I can e-mail it to you if you give me your address.
    I talked to crash yesterday and he wants to go 1 day this weekend so if it turns out to be Sun. then I won't be able to get with you guys at Tull's. I do want to go there soon.
    - Brad Baker
    If I keep hearing reports like these I may pull out of my slump before march LOL, WTG!
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like those rod holders. They will come in handy when I fish by myself.
    The woman (?) at the ramp said she weighed a yellow perch yesterday that was over 2 lbs. We didn't have any that big. We had some over 12 in. but not any over 14 in.
    We heard about that. I just was looking and found that the NC state record for yellow perch is 2 lb 9 oz and caught by a woman (Evelyn Etheridge) out of Indian Town creek on 2/8/90. I guess women catch all the bigs ones there. Maybe I should wear a dress, nah forget it. LOL

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    We heard about that. I just was looking and found that the NC state record for yellow perch is 2 lb 9 oz and caught by a woman (Evelyn Etheridge) out of Indian Town creek on 2/8/90. I guess women catch all the bigs ones there. Maybe I should wear a dress, nah forget it. LOL
    I don't think I would mind wearing a dress if it would help me catch a 2 pound yellow perch. Some of the other changes I might need to make are a different story.

I caught a nice one on the flats just below Walkers Dam 20 years ago and have several very nice ones from Little Creek Reservior, but have never seen a 2 pounder.

BTW, Beaverdam Creek Reservoir is still dormant as of Tuesday. Main Reservoir was 39 degrees and backs of creeks were 45+ degrees but nothing would take my tube jigs. I guess I'm going to have to break down and start using minnows for the cold water.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

- Brad Baker
    You can just click on my name to send me an E-mail. I'll see what I can do with the pics I took as soon as I get my new puter up and running. I just ordered it Tues and it came tonight. Dell is fast.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va