Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Horseshoe Lake area question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Horseshoe Lake area question

Years ago...i went to horseshoe lake on a weekend to fish. Somehow I got on the wrong road and ended up at a lake called Porter Lake. As I recall I ended up turning around in a campground area...but it looked private. Anyway, I ended up back on the right road and found horseshoe. My question is...has anyone heard of porter lake and is it a private lake? I googled it and found one thing...it was some sort of campground for sale. Now my curiousity has got the best of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poop...

You referring to Olive Branch Horseshoe? Wonder what the River looks like now down that way...I fished Horseshoe last year and caught 3 fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Carp,

Porter Lake is private and from what I understand it is not easy to get permission to fish.

JB
    It's Your Lie, Tell It How You Want!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a private lake. Back when I was little we called it the Dollar Hole. You went in the store at Bruins and paid a dollar to fish. They sure have some hawg headed crappie in it.

When it went private, I used to sneak in on the back side via levee and drive my car down and hide it in the weeds and fish in a ditch that feeds into it.

And J.B. is right, you better know someone if you get caught fishing there.