Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great day to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great day to fish

Beautiful day last Saturday (2/5) brought out many crappie fishermen at Pickwick Yellow Creek. Fishing was just great. Between two boats we caught 85 nice crappie. Using jigs, near bottom 25' to 30'. Must say I never saw as many people fishing ...cabin fever must have reached a high pitch. Catchum

Post Thanks / Like

Catchum--we Had The Same Thing Here On Dale Hollow Sat.-i Think Everyone Who Had A Boat And Pole Was Out.didnt Do As Well As You But Caught Some Nice Big Slabs!! Sure Was A Good Day!!!good Fishin To Ya!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catchum
    Beautiful day last Saturday (2/5) brought out many crappie fishermen at Pickwick Yellow Creek. Fishing was just great. Between two boats we caught 85 nice crappie. Using jigs, near bottom 25' to 30'. Must say I never saw as many people fishing ...cabin fever must have reached a high pitch. Catchum
    Catchum sounds like a great day. Do you ever fish Dry creek? I think i will try the bluff point going into the creek next week.
    Going to Reelfoot in the am.
    Sounds like I should start fishing Yellow creek, The last report I got was a guy catching them out from the gas dock .

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dennis, thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS BOWERS
    Catchum--we Had The Same Thing Here On Dale Hollow Sat.-i Think Everyone Who Had A Boat And Pole Was Out.didnt Do As Well As You But Caught Some Nice Big Slabs!! Sure Was A Good Day!!!good Fishin To Ya!!dennis
    Dennis, I am not familiar with Dale Hollow. But anyway glat to hear you concur that Saturday really brought out the crappie hunters. Fishing is good but catching them is even better!!!! best of luck Catchum

Post Thanks / Like

Default hello Shiloh Red

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Catchum sounds like a great day. Do you ever fish Dry creek? I think i will try the bluff point going into the creek next week.
    Going to Reelfoot in the am.
    Sounds like I should start fishing Yellow creek, The last report I got was a guy catching them out from the gas dock .

Pete
    ShilohRed thanks for the reply. No, I have not fished dry creek. I have thought about it and would think it would be good. Out from the gas dock is good, easy to troll without snags. Goat Island area is also good. I have moved my boat to Pickwick Landing, so I do most of my fishing in that area. The cappie seem to be much larger (cove 209) than yellow creek. I have caught several in the 18" range. I had better be careful...I am beginning to sound like I know what I am doing...which I don't. Regards, Catchum

Post Thanks / Like

Catchum----looks Like This Saturday Is Going To Be Another Dandy!!its Supposed To Be 60* With Light Sw Wind. I"ll Have To Get Out Early To Beat The Pack!!good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Catchum I hope i run into you one day. i hope to try dry creek and 209 out Tuesday.
    Fished Reel foot today. Brought home 40 keepers. And Can't remember how many we let go back in.
    We were using 8 14 ft poles with 4 hooks each. had a ball.
    It was my first day to fish there, But not the last one. Also First time to spider rig. And never had even seen anyone fishing like we did today.

If you see a 20 ft war-eagle camo with a 140 Suzuki 4-stroke on it. I just may be me.

Pete