Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pickwick Lake Fishing Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickwick Lake Fishing Report

Hey Everyone, I was wondering if the fishing reports are helping anyone, I haven't gotton much responce from it,but on the other hand I've only posted
    two reports, and I hope to get better at it, so please bare with me.
    The report are just not off the top on my head, I call honest fishing people that fish the lake several times aweek and get info from fishing guides and reguluar ole people that fish the dam area. I also watch'em fish the dam with my binocular's to see what is being caught.
    I will not give any reports from bait shops, because it would be tenth hand info not even second hand info passed on to ya'll that could be B.S. and more than likely is B.S., you know how it is.
    If it isn't helping or it dosen't matter I understand, so let me know, if you are catching fish tell us when, what, how, where, and how many. where's more than enough for everybody, that ole honey hole is no big deal, everybody probably know's about it anyway, and somebody told you about it, so be good
    sportsmen and share.
    Good Fishing...............spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

SRM...I don't fish down that way but want to try when I get this last week of school finished up. Doing all that end of the year stuff to get the kids off, hopefully, to thier first year in high school. 8th grade is tough on em'. Anyway, keep the reports coming. I like to hear what is going on all around the west tenn. area.

The CH...

Post Thanks / Like

Well the Striper's at the dam did not turn on yesterday evening. And bait was not easy to come by.
    So it was an evening on the lake.
    SRM keep up the good work.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I like the report.
    It keeps me from asking a bunch of questions.
    I plan to be there next weekend, stay where TN lic. are good.
    Hope I'm not to late for a campsite friday evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Pickwick Report

Anyone have a report on bream fishing at Pickwick? We're making our annual trip this weekend to bream fish in Bear Creek area. We didn't come the weekend before the May 2 full moon thinking the water was too cold. I hope we haven't waited too long. The weekly report on the MDFWP website says the water temp is in high 60s but other reports on this board showed low to mid 70s last week. Any reports would be appreciated.

Thanks...Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Camp Site

Hey Canebreaker, If you would like, I could check and see if I could reserve
    a site for you.
    I live one mile from Bruton Branch ramp and park, they have no hookup's, but
    the park below the dam has them.
    Let me know if I can help.

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bream

Catchumdeep, I talked to a man day before yesterday, said he was catching
    shellcrackers in four and five feet of water.
    He is a honest man, so I would believe this to be true. He didn't say where, but he was talking like off the bank. Hope this helps you.

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bream

SRM,

I appreciate the information and yes this does help!

We really enjoy fishing Pickwick. Scenery is terrific and the people there are really nice. It's been our best lake for catching lots of huge bream over the years but we have not learned how to catch crappie there with any consistency. We learned where to find the bream at Pickwick about 15 years ago. Maybe we’ll figure out how to catch crappie there someday.

Thanks for the report,
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bream

Hey Dan, Well I'm glad it helps. Can you tell us all how you figured out the bream on Pickwick, I'm sure it would make it easyer on the family man taking
    his kids fishing, and you know how bream and childern go togather.
    Crappie is harder to figure out as far as I'm concerned, they are scattered right now with lock jaw [post spawn]it won't be long and they will be back schooling in deeper water and on the ledges.
    Go Fishing..................spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spider,
    Plans are to camp at the pickwick landing state park. If it's full, not a site fit for a tent, then head below the dam. We like the hot showers and elect. when needed.
    Being a holiday weekend, the marina area will be full of moving boats. The first cove from the marina is deep, lots of fish on chart last time, may try it again. Just have to find a better place to fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast