Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: strike out in Pelba

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down strike out in Pelba

Fished Pelba today. Water temp between 52-54 degrees and well over 23 ft in the channel. used jigs and shiners with no success. Some days U just can't get 'em. Docked at I-10 landing and the water is coming up behind parking areas under I-10. Fish were stacked up in 10 -12 Ft deep but bigger fish on bottom in over 20ft. Had trouble finding shiners and had to go to M&M for them. Maybe the high water will flush out some of the basin. Full moon around the 16th so I hope the water drops and warms up.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad! We went Monday and struck out too!
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JnT
    Don't feel bad! We went Monday and struck out too!
    Thanks for the report, I just started fishing again after 30 yrs in the oilfield/construction. I have never caught a sac a lait over a lb. but have the fever.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello, Beaux....

Quote Originally Posted by BeauxBeaux
    Thanks for the report, I just started fishing again after 30 yrs in the oilfield/construction. I have never caught a sac a lait over a lb. but have the fever.

I'm a little late in getting around to greeting you, but I'd like to welcome you to crappie.com and the LA board. You're in the company of quite a few oilfield hands on the LA board, myself included. I worked a wireline truck for years, as did Cajun Dave. Pooch, Tommy, and a number of others also have oil related jobs.

I'm sure you've already read the rules from reading the LA posts, but since we want to keep the site clean enough to let the kids and women enjoy it, I'd like to name the big three....."no personal attacks"......"no foul language",... and "stay on topic" on the state boards. We have an "off topic forum" in which anything can be discussed that you would let your children read, located at the top of the page. Just above the page, there are links to a brag board with pics of our catches, (we like to show off if we get lucky... :D ) also to articles, chat room, crappie.com t-shirts, caps, and to our sponsors. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a post. Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to reading your posts.

Post Thanks / Like

La. Bill; that sounds pretty good to me.I'm trying to catch on to this fishin'. Sure has changed-