Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need a recipe for Corn Fritters please.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Need a recipe for Corn Fritters please.

Anyone make Corn Fritters? I haven't had them since I was a kid but boy were they good. Been wanting some corn fritters for a looonng time.
    Well, I found a recipe the other day for Jalapeno Corn Fritters but it called for Yellow Grits. AAAAAND I couldn't find yellow grits any where! (I guess Virginia isn't "South" enough! :rolleyes: ) So any recipes that you can provide that do not have yellow grits in them would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

when I make corn fritters (usually when we have collards or pintos) I just season some corn meal with salt, pepper and maybe a pinch of sugar and add just enough water to shape into patties, then fry in a skillet with hot oil (maybe 1/2" or so). My mother-in-law does the same thing with flour, there pretty good too.
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Default corn fritters

Let me have your e-mail address and I will send you some recipes.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recipe

Hey freeflow,

My mother used to make us Corn Fritters and was not made with corn meal. Flour, corn and a couple other ingredients. Then she deep fried them and we dipped them in grape jelly. They are about the size of a golf ball. Not sure if that is what you are looking for or not. Mail me if you want the recipe. My brothers and sisters make them once in awhile and we like them just as much today as we did growing up.
    Go Navy

Post Thanks / Like

I found some sweet corn fritters at walmart in the frozen area and after trying to make them from scratch I like the frozen ones better and their full of corn.