Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Normandy 5/7

Post Thanks / Like

Default Normandy 5/7

Jesse & I hit the Fire Lake ramp at 3:00 PM for some much needed hydro therapy. After we launched, I couldn't start the motor (I left the key at home). Pete, I tried to carve a key out of a piece of wood, but it just didn't work. We decided what the heck, we'd just use the trolling motor. We hit a few structures and caught 7 undersize crappie, then worked our way back around to the rock shore and trolled just off the bank. Jessie caught his best crappie 1.51 Lb, & I caught a catfish, both trolling jigs. We passed a raccoon on shore almost close enough to hand him a fish. Cruised home on the trolling motor - had several more hits & caught a couple of small perch. All in all, a pretty good Monday.
    Last edited by TN_Explorer; 05-07-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike - tell Jesse congrats on his biggest slab so far , sounds like you at least had an enjoyable few hours of QT. You need to give me details on the yellow perch , i want to start targeting them sometime. I fished the duck here in Columbia after work today from the little boat , caught 8 total with 5 keepers , the biggest being 13'' - a couplla nice gills - a nice kitty and yep - a couple of them stinkin' gar (made sure i didn't get too close to them teeth).Pretty relaxing day and now i'm off to clean my catch.
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

Post Thanks / Like

Those little yellow perch were maybe the size of my hand, but fat little buggers. You would think you had a real fish on the end of your line and then you'd reel in this itty bitty guy that just scowls at you. Both were caught trolling about 1mph with a white maribou jig with a red tail. I'll give you a couple next time you're down this way.

Post Thanks / Like

i need more than a couple - i have about 3 lbs of yellow perch fillets in the freezer , but they were "butterflied" I use them (perch) to make poor mans shrimp.
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/