Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bream this past weekend on Reelfoot????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bream this past weekend on Reelfoot????

Me and a guy from work went bream fishing this past weekend at Reelfoot.
    We found them in Buck Basin in the trees. No particular depth. Anywhere from on the banks all the way in the middle. The thing I don't understand is when I usually bream fish when the spawn is on you can catch multiple fish at the same spot. This weekend we caught no more than two fish off the same tree. We just went from tree to tree catching one here and there. Maybe we did not give them long enough but I am very impatient. We also noticed that if they would hit the cricket and we missed they would rarely hit it again. Usually bream will hit until the bait is gone or they are in the boat. Any one have any ideas on why these fish act like that. We ended up with 43 bream, 3 crappie and 2 bass on Saturday. 72 Bream on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

we fished sunday also ending up with about 60 gills that we kept. they are not moved in to spawn heavily. the males are not dark and the females are along side of them. they should congregate in a week or two and multiple fish on one nest should be the norm.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy, we were there Sat..Waxworms were the same way as your crickets. If you missed one you could not beg him to bite again. You might as well move on to the next tree. We caught our fish the same way. No pattern, they were just scattered among the trees. 1.5 - 5' of water. Probably try them again this Sat.

Post Thanks / Like

The bream I caught today in the trees were still scattered.