Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Never again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never again

OK, I am not a coward, but this got to me. Went to Reelfoot this morning with my son. We wanted to fish from the bank for gills and such. Figured we could tear em up. About 30 seconds after the hook hit the water, a moc started making its way over toward us. It meant business too and came within 5 or 6 feet of us and we were about 4 feet back of the edge of the water. We took the hint and loaded up and left. Went over to just past Gray's camp to the boat ramp where there is some decent bank. About 10 minutes into this, another moc decided we had overstayed our welcome. So, I will not ever fish from the bamk at Reelfoot again. Nope. Not gonna do it. And if anybody sees me even think about it, they have my permission to smack me upside the head.
    Now, if my son hadn't been with me, I probably would have gotten bit because I would have messed with the thing like an idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks ago I had a small one act as if he would like to get in the boat with me. I hit him with my rod tip and we both motored different ways. Don't take any chances with those things!

Post Thanks / Like

its close to mating season....they will get in the boat with you...Hard to outrun a love sick cotton rattler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wonderful

Sure hope those fellas that are talking about wadding and night fishing read the info. here.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of talking about night fishing are locals, and we'll be clear of the banks. Those mocs are freaky, I dont like snakes.............

Post Thanks / Like

I went down to the spillway at the river (its like a concrete block with a bunch of big rocks below) We fished the river for a few hours and decided to try below the spillway. I drove the boat to across the river (one side was private land) and we got out to walk down the rocks, I told my boys "two things to be careful for, the rocks are slick and the snakes like to hang out in them". Well I was going first and was looking really hard for snakes and I saw the end of ones tail, so I was looking to see where the rest of him was (i was about 20ft from him) and when I saw where the rest was, there was about 6 big ones rolling up together. Then to the right about another 30ft we saw another 4 or 5 doing the same thing. I told my boys "looks like breading time, lets get the hell out of here". This was a week and a half ago on South Louisiana. Haven't been back yet. So all of yall be careful out there, these dudes are very aggressive during this time.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Makes a guy think about taking up Bowling

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a Machette in the boat for that reason! Man I hate snakes, the only good one is a dead one!!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

.22 Mag pistol,works GOOOD