Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot during the summer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot during the summer?

Does anyone fish Reelfoot during mid summer when it is very hot? And is it worth trying or is it usually slow, Im always working during the summer, but I want to try it this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

T.R.,

We had a general discussion about it in one of the earlier threads. Very earl in the am in mid/deep depths produce. Get out there in the day time and catch alot of dinks.

How about we go at night?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me Id like to try the night fishing some time.

Post Thanks / Like

On Pickwick there in the same place as in the winter time.
    Told a buddy of mine that. And he did wear the fish out spider rigging the deep water early am..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestTennCrappie
    T.R.,

We had a general discussion about it in one of the earlier threads. Very earl in the am in mid/deep depths produce. Get out there in the day time and catch alot of dinks.

How about we go at night?
    You must not fish in the summer, They are not as big as December crappie but I have went out and got limits all times of the day, in the dead of summper 95 degrees. In fact I don't catch as many dinks.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Cracker, you probably fish mroe than i do on a year round basis but every time we braved the heat in the day we caught the previous years crappie (6inch). Now in the mornings very early we have done much better. But in the last few years I am usually only good for about 3-5 trips from june to august.

Last year the fish bite was good year round it seemed. I didnt fish much but alot of people I know were catching them. I plan on doing it more this summer but who knows.

Have you not been in a week or so. I know your last report was dead on about the fish bite. Last wednesday I was pulling lines up out of the water to check to amke sure I had bait on them and there were fish on them at times. Bite was easy.

Wind looks to be cooperative this week. Im thinking of going but dont know where I am gonna fish. You gonan fish the same place you fished last Sunday? I am thinking there or swan. Last year I caught some south of Bo's in mid may. I dunno, I hate going and only getting 2 good hours or so. It seems lately they bite well early, then I am lost for a while. Nothing I hate worse than moving. Burns gas, I hit stumps, and gotta do something with the poles while moving. Anyway let em know if you got anything in mind this week. Share the wealth!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been since last Sunday and it's killing me, I'm going to go up one afternoon this week. I wil go back to same spot as Sunday if the wind lays or out of the north. Give me a shout , all my fishing buddies can get permission anymore to go.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Its getting like that for me. It wouldnt be so bad if everytime the wind blew less than 10mph I was out the door at 4 am. I cant fish the afternoons this week. Wednesday morning looks like the best day for me. If I go, ll probably start out there. Ill let you know how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and how is the night fishing setup coming along??

I am seriously considering it this week.........

Post Thanks / Like

Just my .02...it is a little early to start night fishing. The experience that I have had is that they do not typically start good nite biting until the water gets to the 80 degree mark for several days. The pattern now is usually as you are seeing...good REAL early and fair late in the day. The water is cooler and the baitfish school around the structure in "shallower" water.

But like I said...just my .02. Sometimes it ain't worth .01.lol!!

Later,
    cypress
    "I fish...therefore I lie." Where's the Copenhagen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast