Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot Lake May Fishing Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Lake May Fishing Report

I just thought I would start a new thread and try to keep it alive through May. Perhaps we can all do well this month since the biggest part of april was a bust.

If anyone has a report to give please do it. I and many others check here often for a good report. I catch fish most of the time, but I am always looking for a heads up. Thanks

As for me, I fished on Wednesday. The bite was very good, especially the first and last hours of the day. I took a midday break, but did very well early and late. 4-5ft of water is all i fished all day. There were times when they would slow down and not get a bite, but then I would catch 10 in a half hour no problem. I am still trolling jigs. I have actaully considered going back to the crappie rig and fishing minnows, but as long as the jig trolling is producing good fish I guess I will stick with it.

I will be going in the morning. So if any of you any reports I would appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Where would a fella want to go to fish from the bank at Reelfoot?

Post Thanks / Like

A few boat ramps have piers and some on the southside have a little area where you can go up and down the bank some. or you can go To the Spillway there is always a group fishing there.

Post Thanks / Like

WTC,
    Thanks for putting this together. Live in Jackson and thinking about getting to the foot next weekend. If I were going to use a jigging pole what areas would you concentrate on. Are the fish in post spawn there? What are the bream doing? going to bring my dad up so I would very much like to catch some fish.

Thanks,
    The CH...

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Hound

We will be there Saturday afternoon, thru Tuesday.
    We are staying at the South Shore resort in a building they bought west of samburg store. We will be glad to share some spots with you and let you know how we are doing.
    Just as the guy at South Shore where we're at. we will
    also be the guys putting out jugs for catfish.

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiehound,

Some 'experts' say the major spawn is underway. If fishing the the trees I would say fish buzzard slough/simon pocket area, north of palestine timber, lost pond, trees just out from horse island ditch south past rag point ditch, etc. There are so many trees there its hard to say. I am still trolling, but I beleive my fishing is coming to an end. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

As for todays report.

I fished from before 6am to 9:30 am. Couldnt fish where I wanted to due to the wind. Brought home 33 good fish. Fished 5-6ft of water from north of rat island stumps all the way down to green cypress. Same story as every day lately - bite was on fire very early. Then slowed, picked up or two or three, and then nothing for half an hour, then a few more then cold again. Its been like that.

I saw some guys I know that fish the trees. Not personal friends, but guys I know that fish the tournaments and fish reelfoot alot. I saw them fishing this morning so I am going to assume they are biting in the trees.

If anyone has any reports today from the trees, please let us know. Untill someone point blank tells me they are wearing them out in the trees, I am trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If I brought home 33 fish after fishing for 3.5 hours I wouldn't change anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 33?

Quote Originally Posted by WestTennCrappie
    As for todays report.

Brought home 33 good fish.
    Were you fishing by yourself? If so, you must have deep pockets, cause those extra 3 fish would cost a pretty penny. We regularly fish Big Sandy and they check folks' creel on a regular basis. Not trying to stir a pile here, just wondering.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had my wife with me. I have never been checked, ever, for anything. Although I think reelfoot isnt going to be hurt by people taking more than thier limit, I dont see many circumstances when I take home more than my limit. I have 2 aerated live wells that function properly so my fish are always alive when I leave, and if I come out with more than my limit I throw back the smaller fish.

On another note you guys. Yesterday afternoon my Dad and me went to a local secret spot to jig fish for crappie. We ended up bringing home 113crappie from 5:00 - 7:30 in just 2 1/2 hours. Its alot of fun when you are catching them like that.

Ejones, I didnt say I was changing anything. I just want to know when they are really catching them in the trees good. I love to troll, and not so much to jig the trees, but its different holding tha tpole and feeling that big crappie hit it. But my trolling is just about over. Im tired of fighting the wind all the time!!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast