Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boone Report - Douglas/Cherokee Help Needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boone Report - Douglas/Cherokee Help Needed

Greetings all - I wish I would have looked on this message board a little sooner. Would have really liked to attend the Douglas Fish Fry. If you have another one on an East Tennessee Lake, please count me in. I can bring tons of jigs and crappie fishing stuff to give away. I used to help host events in NC when I lived there. NCNat has carried on in my absence. We used to have a lot of fun and good food.

I live in Gray, near Johnson City. I have been fishing Boone Lake since I moved here about 2 years ago. Tried South Holston and Patrick Henry as well. None have produced very well. Boone gave up some fairly nice fish over the winter from brush piles I put in. But so far this spring it has been a bust. Water temp is now up in the 60's and still have yet to see any numbers of fish spawning. Trolled for fours last Saturday and caught stripers and small mouth, no crappies. Hit the docks and shoreline brush from 1' - 15', still not one crappie. I've talked to dozens of crappie fishermen over the last two months all with the same story - no fish.

Lord knows I've been doing this crappie fishing gig for a lot of years. And I'm not one to give up very easy. But I think it's time to come to Cherokee and Douglas. I've heard the crappie fishing is very good on both lakes. If there are any die hards that know either of these lakes that would like to hook up and show an old "has been" a little about your lake, I'm all yours.

I've heard conflicting reports on Douglas concerning water level and the stage of the spawn. Some say it's over and some say it hasn't started yet. I've also heard the water level is way down. The East Tenn TVA fishing report has proven to be very unreliable. So I'm looking for any information that may improve my odds on a trip as it is a pretty good haul for me.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

If you would prefer to email me directly, please feel free to do so.

Best fishes,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Spawn is all but over on Douglas. I cant troll cranks so I am done crappie fishing till the fall. Its all bass now:D

We were thinking about having another fish fry in the fall, keep a lookout for the info.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mark,

Haven't heard from you in some time, but I still visit your web site on occasion. Why don't you put your web page on your user cp. Everybody else does.
    I watched one of your crappie videos during spring break with my grandson. It is a good video.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark i met you at the seminar i will show you around douglas and cherokee after the regional tournament i had planned on calling you
    just never did sorry about that. i still have your number.we had a great time at the fish fry we are planning another oine this fall
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Tom - I try not to do any promoting for my site on others sites. Seems a little shameless to me. I wrote reports for Crappie.com for a few years. They are good guys and have always mainatined a top knotch site and message board. As you know I had one on my site for a few years. There is a lot of maintenance involved. Just couldn't keep all the rifraf out and the good guys in. So I just provide a link to this one for all those that want to communicate. Thanks for the kind words on the video - I'm glad you and your grandson enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Speck - I look forward to it - just call me and we'll go.

Post Thanks / Like

Charger - if you could troll crank baits, where would you do it? I am set up for any kind of trolling. I love trolling with crank baits. I have caught some really nice fish on Bandits (200's), Bill Norman N series, Thundershads, Wiggle Warts and Shad Raps. In the past, May - August, I stick to big flats. Bait schools seem to be the key with the thermocline being the target depth. As mentioned earlier I don't know much about Douglas or Cherokee. Any info on areas that would work nicely for crank bait trolling would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I sure could use some pointers on the crank bait thing. Killer -maybe we could get together some time and trade Eno stories

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Crappie Killer
    Charger - if you could troll crank baits, where would you do it? I am set up for any kind of trolling. I love trolling with crank baits. I have caught some really nice fish on Bandits (200's), Bill Norman N series, Thundershads, Wiggle Warts and Shad Raps. In the past, May - August, I stick to big flats. Bait schools seem to be the key with the thermocline being the target depth. As mentioned earlier I don't know much about Douglas or Cherokee. Any info on areas that would work nicely for crank bait trolling would be appreciated!
    Probably Muddy Creek, flats at Indian Creek. Speckchaser can tell you more about that.

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Crappie Killer
    Speck - I look forward to it - just call me and we'll go.
    hey killer you better watch speck he will only put you on his small fish:D
    sometimes you have to twist his arm to get him to show you his good places