Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun.

We put in at Indiantown at about 7:00 and were at the Island by 7:45. the wind was not too bad when we started but by 9:00 it was pretty stiff. The yellow perch were there on the flat in about 7 ft. of water but the wind made it hard to get a good presentation. We were either going too fast or backwards. Thinking about one of those drift socks.

Anyway, we quit at 1:00 with 14 to take home, 2 over 12 in. My new rod holders worked great and it was good to fish again after a 2 week break.
    I,m going to try to get a day off this week because if you catch the right weather you should be able to fill the boat anytime between now and the end of the month.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    We put in at Indiantown at about 7:00 and were at the Island by 7:45. the wind was not too bad when we started but by 9:00 it was pretty stiff. The yellow perch were there on the flat in about 7 ft. of water but the wind made it hard to get a good presentation. We were either going too fast or backwards. Thinking about one of those drift socks.

Anyway, we quit at 1:00 with 14 to take home, 2 over 12 in. My new rod holders worked great and it was good to fish again after a 2 week break.
    I,m going to try to get a day off this week because if you catch the right weather you should be able to fill the boat anytime between now and the end of the month.
    Sounds like they are there. I assume (bad habit) that the flats you are talking about is that area right before you go thru the cut at the island? Did you have any problems at the ramp? I'm watching the weather forcasts real close right now. I think I may have a fever Wed and not go to work. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, you assumed right about the flat location. Another good place is through the cut and then bear to the right , maybe 60 yds. off the point of the island.
    Basically anywhere you can find a flat place with 7 ft. of water is good.
    I didn't have any problem at the ramp but have heard some stories, including one in which a guy left his trailer in the way so someone unhooked his trailer and rolled it into the water beside the ramp. I'm curious about what sort of trouble you are referring to.
    About Wed., I can feel the flu coming. (cough) (sneeze)

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like everyboby is going to be sick this week.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill, you assumed right about the flat location. Another good place is through the cut and then bear to the right , maybe 60 yds. off the point of the island.
    Basically anywhere you can find a flat place with 7 ft. of water is good.
    I didn't have any problem at the ramp but have heard some stories, including one in which a guy left his trailer in the way so someone unhooked his trailer and rolled it into the water beside the ramp. I'm curious about what sort of trouble you are referring to.
    About Wed., I can feel the flu coming. (cough) (sneeze)
    That cough really sounds bad. If its not better after tomorrow you better take Wed off so you can treat it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Don't want to brag, but............ I'm off Wed.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I cant take it anymore . You guys make me sick with this talk of taking off of work to go fishing. Guess I will have to take off too!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default applaud

Good to hear someone caught some fish, Gratz
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.