Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: help with reelfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Default help with reelfoot

Looking for possible areas to try trees, pads open water. Heading down to Reelfoot this thursday May 3. Coming down with 5 buddies only 1 is pretty serious fisherman. Have the blue gill moved in yet? What about the crappie?

We will be staying down at the southern end of the lake, so more interested in places at that end to catch some fish (blue gilll crappie bass). Not expecting anybody to give up their hot spot maybe just what baits have been working and what type of structure has been producing. Any advice would be apppreciated...just looking to have a good time away from home and the office.

slimjim

Post Thanks / Like

Have you not ever fished reelfoot before? As far as open water you can pretty much hang it up if your not fishing with a "spider rig".

You should actually be coming at a good time as most seem to think the major spawn is finally underway. Most of your good tre action is going to be anywhere but the south end of the lake. Fish can definately be caught there but your going to have better luck I think in the Snyder and Buck basin areas. Cypress are certainly not hard to come by, so just try the northern, and eastern banks of any body of water and you should catch some fish. If you send me a PM, ill be more than happy to share some of the areas I jig, although so far they have not prudced for me like I like them to.