Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pickwick lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default pickwick lake

any news if the fish r biting on the lake. never have fished it just looking for some help on a good area to start. any help would be greatly appriciated.

Post Thanks / Like

crappie bite is real slow for me,what I have heard from some guys that fish a lot ,is that you can still catch a few in the brushpiles in 15 to 20 deep,they are fishing slider,this is up on the alabama end around bear creek.Now the shellcracker and bluegill are tear it up right now,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickwick

Hey, They still are still biting in Yellow Creek area and around Goat Island, my neighbor went to Yellow Creek today and caught afew, he said one guy fishing close by had 18 nice crappie.
    I'll be there tomorrow, come by and say hello. I'm the big ole gray haired man
    wearing and old straw hat, in a Bass Tracker Pro Crappie boat spider rigging.

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. i cant get there till sat but im sure it will be so crowded that i cant fish. i might try late sat afternoon. is goat island the same thing as alabama island? about how deep are u trolling in yellow creek spider rig and r u just using minnows or jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

tnjeff, i love some bream fishing! is there any perticular area they r catching the bream in. my girlfriends family has a house on the water in the first little cove up from the dam and i was wondering if that may be a good spot. or is there any perticular type of bank they like to hang around. im used to catching them in small ponds. thanks alot

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. i cant get there till sat but im sure it will be so crowded that i cant fish. i might try late sat afternoon. is goat island the same thing as alabama island? about how deep are u trolling in yellow creek spider rig and r u just using minnows or jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lip snacher
    tnjeff, i love some bream fishing! is there any perticular area they r catching the bream in. my girlfriends family has a house on the water in the first little cove up from the dam and i was wondering if that may be a good spot. or is there any perticular type of bank they like to hang around. im used to catching them in small ponds. thanks alot
    I like to fish for the shellcracker around a gravel bank with lot of weed beds,just about any area will be holding some bluegill,you might want to try up around dry creek area,and stateline island.lots of weed beds in that area.Try useing redworns with a small splitshot of lead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man
    Hey, They still are still biting in Yellow Creek area and around Goat Island, my neighbor went to Yellow Creek today and caught afew, he said one guy fishing close by had 18 nice crappie.
    I'll be there tomorrow, come by and say hello. I'm the big ole gray haired man
    wearing and old straw hat, in a Bass Tracker Pro Crappie boat spider rigging.

spider rig man

Buddy of my call today and told me he caught 22 yesterday afternoon,I guess i have to give it a try sat. he said he was fishing in second creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Dry Creek has a lot of gravel and some weeds in it snatch.