Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JPP this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default JPP this weekend.

Fished both days I guess the spawn is over and the fish are deep. How did everyone do and how deep were they?

Post Thanks / Like

went sat mouning and caught probsbly 15-20 short fish and only 2 keepers in 5-10 ft and sunday afternoon fished 2-7 ft and caught 20-30 fish with 7 keepers

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Disagree with your observation about the spawn. It ain't happened yet. I had 15 keepers today. Mostly males but a few females full of eggs. IMO the males are just moving up and the females are not far behind. Last sunday, monday and wednesday I caught almost all males, shallow. They are mostly shallow, less than 4'. Some of the females did come from deep water...7'. Today was just slow.
    Give it a week, it'll be great.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't seem to find where the crappie are bunched up. Caught only 5 nice ones today from 8 to 20 feet deep. Tried shallow but could not find them on the spawn. Friday the eggs did not look ready for spawn but today they look like it is time. Water is 68 to 70 degrees. Caught only one small.

Weather was too good.

Post Thanks / Like

i believe i'm gonna hit the poole knobs area in the morning...with the weather forecast , looks like the only day i'll get to go before rain moves in.
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Jpp

Went out Sat and got 9 pretty good fish. Went today (Mon) and got 17 all good fish and most were deep 18 to 20 feet. Only had one male and he was very black. All the females had eggs and appears they are about to spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

all of the fish that i caught on sunday(7) were females and full of eggs. caught them all shallow. i agree it aint over yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jpp

Went again today (Tuesday) and got 18. Caught most 18 to 20 feet deep over 38 feet of water, spider rigging and single poling. I think all were females and it looked like most of their eggs were not developed yet, or they may be reabsorbing them. Don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

i went today as well - caught 52 total with 16 keepers and believe it or not , caught just about all of them in shallow stake beds. Not sure on the male/female ratio , i just got in and packed more ice on 'em...clean 'em up tomorrow. - Pete

oh yeah , caught 'em all on orange/chartreuse 1/16 oz.
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

Post Thanks / Like

Bad, did you fish the Pooles Knob area?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast