Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot Lake fishing report 4/27-4/29

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot Lake fishing report 4/27-4/29

Ok here is my report for the weekend. I will be out there in the AM for the next 3 days.

This morning: Wind was the biggest factor. They said 8mph, but it was blowing harder than that. I cant lie, I wore them out early. I fished maybe 2 hours. caught several, and quite a fewin the 1lb-1 1/2lb range. No hogs today. But I probably missed 10 or so big ones. Every time I would run up on a stump and catch one there would be more right there. Wind kept me from landing some good fish.

I trolled jigs, dark colored ones hit best, tipped with a minnow. In about 5-6ft of water. I cant give away my exact location as I will be there again tomorrow, but similar locations should produce well.

Ill be back tomorrow to let yall know how it goes..............

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Tenn

Let me know how you do up in the trees...around Simons pocket.

Post Thanks / Like

i will not be fishing there, but I would think you can catch some good crappie and gill out of those trees now

Post Thanks / Like

Wind not blowing as hard today, but still a factor on the lower blue basin. I never saw a saturday in april with so few boats on the lake.

My fish were small today. Fished the same area and the fish were half the size. I stayed till 9 am and left. I brought home only 7 fish, out of 25 or so. We had a big fish fry today. My highlight was a big catfish, (always catch catfish trolling for crappie this time of year).

Tomorrow should be a good day. Hope yall that are down for the weekend have a good one.

Any reports from the trees/pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Yea...everyone "thinks" the spawn is over. WRONG! The two females I caught today had eggs that were not ripe yet. They were still a dull color and the veins weren't defined at all. They are getting there, I bet this weekend will be good if the weather is right. All my males came from 2 ft. water fishing 1ft. deep in the bushes. 10 ft jigging pole and a good ole jig.

The CH...

Post Thanks / Like

Caught a lot of l very nice fish today, trolled 4 foot of water a lot of males nd they were blacked up. On another post I posted a pic of my sister she caught a 1' 10 oz. In fact it was the very last fish of the day.

Bails they should be on fire all this week.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Cracker I sent you a PM, im dyin to know the bizzz

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I didnt do near as well as cracker, tried fishing the trees about midday in 2ft of water and caught several 2-3lb catfish, caught more cats that crappie on jigs, wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cracker.....Another week...

Cracker....will be down May 10th....who knows this year...but I won't be any worse than two weeks ago.....I hope.