Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's in Jackson, TN?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's in Jackson, TN?

I live in Richmond, VA and in mid-May I'm coming out to Jackson, TN for a few days for a tour of a Sonoco plant....

When I use mapquest satellite I notice a decent sized lake off Cotton Grove Rd.

Just curiuos if anyone can tell me anything about the town or the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

You won't be far from where Paul (Crappie Stalker) works. Here's a few highlights: The Jackson area consists of +/- 80,000 people. They've pretty much got all the same restaurants there that you'll find in larger cities. The lake you found on the map is Lake Graham. It's a TWRA managed lake with lots of stumps. It's been really low, but I understand the level is coming up a bit. There've been some nice sized crappie caught out of it, but I don't believe there's a huge population of them. The Old Country Store/Casey Jones Museum is tourist trap and the food's not near as good as it used to be, imho. Elliott's Outdoors is right off I-40 on Vann Dr. It's a pretty good place to check out, they've got a nice fishing dept. (Just ask Crappiehound, he bought a $400 Dr. Pepper! ) If you like baseball, you can take in a Diamond Jaxx game.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL do I even want to ask about the $400 Dr. Pepper?

I don't know how long I'll be in Jackson, as I know at some point we are driving over to our Memphis plant too. I may drive over and check out that lake.

Post Thanks / Like

If you got the spare time you may want to take a drive over here and check out Reelfoot.

Post Thanks / Like

will you be driving or flying in to Jackson

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure yet, I just found out that I'm going today.

I would imagine I'd probably fly direct from Richmond to Memphis and drive the rest of the way but I can't say that with any certainty....does Jackson have an airport?

Post Thanks / Like

There is an airport and Northwest has small commuters fly in from Memphis. I would do as you say and drive from Memphis. Assuming the layover it will probably be quicker. It is also a pretty quick drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Default all of that, and more. . . .

Mrs. Crappiestalker pretty well described the sights, well except for the drive-by shootings. My advice is to bring a bullet proof vest, a couple of reliable guns, and plenty of extra ammo. Jackson has been kind of like the wild west.
    just my thoughts
    rushcreekoutdoor

Post Thanks / Like

The drive to Lake Graham from the Sonoco building is only 5-10mins. There are two lake accesses that afford real good views. Saying there are stumps/standing timber is an understatement. Reminds me of much of Toledo Bend. Reelfoot is a pretty good haul, about 2 hours but worth it if you have time to kill. Nice later afternoon trip to check it out and get supper. Many good resturants up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okay okay, maybe its not that bad

Alright you Volunteers, don't get your muskets out, its not really that bad.
    rushcreekoutdoor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast