Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jpp 4/23

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jpp 4/23

Caught 5 that measured this am. Wished I would have waited until afternoon when the wind calmed as I was blown off the lake.

How was the luck for the rest of you locals?
    Last edited by jaycee; 04-23-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jpp

Went Sunday morning and got seven, most were good fish, caught some deep (20 feet) and some shallow (7 to 8 feet). The last two or three times I have gone have only been able to catch 6 to 8 fish, but hoping the water will warm and fishing will improve. The last week in March when it was unseasonably warm, I got 28 one morning and 13 the next day.

Post Thanks / Like

are you fishing obvious structure that you can see above the water or are you fishing structure from your depth finder. iam having trouble finding anything to fish and dont have much confidence on what kind of jigs to use. anyone have any tips that might help on jp this time of year?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jpp

I am fishing submerged structure and normally tightling a minnow. I have found several spots by just riding around and watching the sonar.

Post Thanks / Like

what do you mean by tightline. i dont mean to sound like an idiot but i am absoutly new to crappie fishing. thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tightline

Quote Originally Posted by PINT2301
    what do you mean by tightline. i dont mean to sound like an idiot but i am absoutly new to crappie fishing. thanks for the help

This is simply a hook, minnow, lead and fished straight down, generally over or around a brush pile in my case.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help i appreciate it

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished Sunday and had 8 keepers. Monday I had 12.

Jaycee you should have stayed. The wind blew like hell till noon then it backed off. I had 1 keeper before noon. I caught the rest spider rigging shallow that afternoon. Didn't fish today(4/24) because I was tired and i thought it was gonna storm. Stupid weatherman! Fishing tomorrow. I took some vacation days to fish a little, ya'll, I ain't just skipping work. Tommorows may last day off though.

I been using YUM Woolybeavertails in pearl and chartreuse. That bait is my new favorite! They pretty much rule. I gotta get more but the only place I can find them is M'boro Outdoors and they only have 6 colors. I bought 2 of every color after a short trial run a while back.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught 58, kept 30 Tuesday in 8 - 14 feet of water. But I fished all day to get'em!

"You Can't Catch Fish From The Couch!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Weather man sucks, last night said storms today.
    Got home Monday and realized wind had backed off and that I had left too early.

Glad somebody is having some luck catching fish because it is not me. But I enjoy trying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast