Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arriving tomorrow at Reelfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arriving tomorrow at Reelfoot

Coming in tomorrow for a seven day trip.I fished this same week last year and discoverd jigging around the cypress trees and the pads.I had some moderate sucess in the Kirbey Pocket area.I did not try other areas after i found the fish so,i'd like to try other spots this trip.I really like using the jig pole around the trees and pads.However with all the chilly weather i understand the fish may have moved out to deeper water.What tactics are catching the deeper fish and where? Also the weather is slated to warm up and when the crappie move back up where are some more spots to use the jigs.I have a lake map.I just need to find a few more spots with trees and pads.I'm not asking for anyones "honey hole" just some good spots to fish.Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

There are lilly pads back in Tom Johnson Timber that produced earlier this week. That entire northern and eastern shore back there is covered in pads. Plenty of cypress trees in that area too. Jigging is hit and miss, but you should catch a few. For a person renting a boat, I reccomend jigging due to the fact that you dont have a spider rig and cant really do much trolling. I just hate seeing these poor people floating around with 2 or 3 poles with bobbers hanging over the side. It breaks my heart. Just hit every good sized tree you see back there. Try a grizzly jig for better success, youl catch bluegill and crappie both if they are biting. I like to fish the trees in simon pocket area, and all back through there at least once a year. Sometimes you can catch them just right and come out with some slabs. Upper blue basin has alot of good jigging action, but right now I dont think the fish are biting up there much. Talked to a guide I know today and he said dont waste your time. Course thats mostly trolling.

Anyway, if the crappie are going to get back to where they were before the cold weather hit, it will be in the next 7 days. Otherwise, its almost like post spawn conditions out there.

Good luck!