Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad trip at Blue Bank Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Bad trip at Blue Bank Resort

Had a bad trip at Blue Bank Resort,(REEL FOOT)the first week of this month. The weather was not the fault of the resort. But fair guide,super small room,items missing from boat,only got about half of the fish cleaned. Talk with 7-8 different folks and all but one had no thing good to say. Any ideas on another place. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Bill
    Sorry you trip did't work out. We always stay at South
    Shore Resort and have nothing but good things to say
    about that place. They will bend over backwards to make
    sure everything is right. We stayed at Hamiltons once
    and will never go back. The guide we use is Golden
    Mathis out of Troy Tn. He is pretty old, but is also a very
    good guide. If he is booked he will refer you to some of
    his guide friends. I wish you the best on your next trip
    to Reelfoot.

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eaglenest Resort

Bill,

We just got back from the "Foot" so I'll put in my 2 cents worth. We have stayed at the Eaglenest Resort for the last 12 years. Jan & Randy Dyer are super owners and the staff will help with anything you need. They have a boat house where your boat is locked up at night and I've never had anything stolen. We leave all our tackle, trolling motor and fish locator right in the boat.
    The boys who work the dock will help load & unload your stuff arriving and leaving. But they do work for tips so maybe that's why they help so much...

They have rooms, trailers, cabins, lodges for just about any number of guest that go there. Rooms are always clean with daily maid service. It's the only place we'll stay after getting burnt the first 2 yrs we went down to fish.

I think you'll like the resort, so give them a look next time your down that way.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

My boss used a guide by the name of Jack Spicer when he went blue gill fishing down there and he liked him a lot. I'm staying at Boyette's but don't plan on using a guide. Any reports on this resort? I went with a place that didn't only have package deals and certain days of the week, since I've grown accustomed to using my own stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boyette's

WE always stay at Boyette's, there old but clean and never had nothing taken
    but, have left some stuff and Mrs. Judy keeps it for us til we go back.
    We always use our own stuff to, as far as were to go, run by Bo's Landing bait shop and ask them, nice people. Good luck

spider rig man

ohio kentucky south shore area on the ohio river
    Post Thanks / Like

Default eagle nest

One of the better places to stay surprised the You Did not like blue bank there usallly pretty good but we always stay at eagle nest resort nice clean and good folks!!!
    Pull my Finger NOT my Leg!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gatorbait. I know you were there when we were. We stayed at Sportsman's North in our RV. We will never stay there again. The place was a swamp. As you say, the weather was not their fault, however, I have never stayed at a RV park that was as poorly maintained as this one. Boats were good, service was fair, but the RV park sucked. We left a day early because of the weather and not liking to walk through the swamp to get to our boat. JMHO
    If you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll throw my two cents in here, we fished the Foot several times and always stayed at Tim Bunches place and they are great folks and he always put us on FISH evrytime we went with him. We are leaving again today and headed right back to the same place, good luck to everyone this weekend!
    Biguns Pro Guide Service 662-424-2551, B'n'M Pro Staff, Engel Coolers Pro Staff, Ego Nets Pro Staff, Cumberland Crappie Pro Staff, Wise Boat Seats Pro Staff, Southern Pro Pro Staff, Pap's Hair Jigs Pro Staff, The Edge Multifunction Trolling Motor Bracket Pro Staff, Enjoy What God has given us and remember take a kid Fishing !

Post Thanks / Like

Been goin' for 15 years and have always stayed with Miss Judy at Boyettes. Clean, dependable and great people.Never had anything taken either. I too enjoy using my own stuff and being able to put in where ever I want to fish that day. Kirbys Pocket has a good cleaning house for your fish. Bo's will also let you clean fish there. Good people there too.
    Last edited by gtownplowboy; 04-23-2007 at 08:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry and shocked to hear of your bad experience. My brother and i have only been there twice but we were taken real good care of. Take my own boat and tie it up at the dock across from the rental boats. I take and extension cord to plug my onboard charger in and they run power to it. The gas my boat up, whatever, each morning. Always leave everything as-is at the end of each day and it has always been there when i get up to leave the next morining. We do stay in the rooms above the restaurant, that may make some difference.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but from what i have seen myself and heard on this board, there are a few other locations that have been mentioned that may be better suited or offer better amenities and service.

My .02
    Chris
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D