Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Zebco Omega Z-02

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zebco Omega Z-02

Folks, I is in a conundrum. I bought a Zebco Omega Z-02 (going to get the larger one too, I think). Comes with an extra spool, advertising yaks about the "quick-change spool system".

Well, five of us, four that know what they are doing, have tried to figure out how to remove the spinner to change spools. No one can figure it out. There are NO directions for doing it in the instructions. Found the directions on the net by typing in Zebco Omega.

Any of you own one of these things? Very smooth, but directions leave a lot to be desired.

By the way, I'm gonna be learning this stuff almost from scratch. Haven't been fishing since the early seventies. Never even seen a jig used or a trolling motor for that matter. Seen them thangs in magazines, though, and they look pretty useful. Shiners, crickets, worms and week-old livers are the extent of my education. I did used to be a yo-yo'ing fool, though. Old as dirt, but still remember that "zing". Gonna buy mysef a boat, too. With a motor, this time.

Thanks
    Ray
    Last edited by Raibeaux; 04-19-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Unscrew the front cover. Hold the crank handle. Grab the spinner head and unscrew. Tigthen drag. Turn spool 1/8 turn counter clockwise. Remove spool. Replace in reverse order.

If your interested I have the larger Z03 reel for sale, my wife only used it once, it's like new. Still have orignal packaging. $30 + $7 shipping.

[email protected]

-Thanks