Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rellfoot lake fishing report 4/17-4/21

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rellfoot lake fishing report 4/17-4/21

Hello everyone. I am new to posting but not new to the forum itself. I live about 25 miles from the foot and just thought I would post an update for those coming down soon. I will try and not be shy with all the info on where to fish etc. I am off the entire week and will most likely be there everyday. Thursday may be the exception.

Ill add to this post every day with info.

Havent been since last Monday. I caught about 40 that morning before the wind got up in about 10-12ft of water out from swan basin and caney island. I took 10 total home with me all over a pound that I caught in about a 50 yard radius. Havent heard much from anyone regarding where the fish are, but today was a decent day and the temps are picking up nicely.

Fish should be back to where the were before. Spawn should be on soon.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Headed down Thurs thru Sunday. Look forward to seeing any reports you may give. Would really like to get into some fish this year. The weather looks like it should cooperate, last I looked.

Post Thanks / Like

Weather is looking to be great all week long. I will be all over the place trying to figure them out as I have a tournament Saturday. I will try and get some good info for everyone that is heading down this weekend.

Any of you regulars to this site have anything to input would be greatly appreciated too. If I could win that tourney i might pay for all of us a little get together at the lake soon.

If any of you are in the tourney as well, just dont post any misleading information. LoL

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the info. Going to the foot on 5/12/07.
    Really lookin forward to the trip.

Regards
    John B.

Post Thanks / Like

I got after them this afternoon for a short time. I fished from 6:30pm to 7:30and finished with 12 fish, caught probaly 20 total. Water temp was 58 degrees and I caught almost every fish on top hook and the top hook was about 6 inches below the surface, I was in 6' foot of water. In fact a couple of times I just happened to be looking and would see it hit the bait. All where males except one female and she was full of eggs. You could look around and see them swirling the top of the water. The smaller ones hammered it, the big ones just started moving away never tugging on the lines, had to watch it close.

Oh yea, fished minnows and some jigs, They hit the jig but they would smack it and spit it. But the biggest was caught on it.

And the males were black

If the weather hold this warm...it should be back on like fire this weekend.

Have a empty seat in the boat....any bids.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Heading over ya'lls way Thurs morn. Can't wait. Staying at Eagles Nest. From what I have been able to gather from you fellas and from the map I bought seems like there should be some good fishing around there close. I'll be in a od green 16" flat bottom with Ar. tags. Say hi if yu see me,hope to be in the trees with two jig poles bent over. Thanks for the help you all have provided. Good luck to all.

Kin

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and let us know how you do.

John B.

Post Thanks / Like

Cracker, you gettin out any mornin this week. I will be alone most likely all week untill Saturday. Wouldnt mind fishin with someone else during the week. My results today were not as good as I had hoped. The weather was absolutely perfect. Lots of boats out there today. High near 70, overcast, almost no wind.

Guys I brought home a good mess, but nothing to speak of. Did have a 2lb, most about 1lb. Caught a ton of little ones, but the slabs were scattered. I fished out from swan basin a while in 11-12ft of water. Moved through donaldson ditch and fished out from there to the right towards rat island stumps. Caught my biggest fish there, but it was like one every 20-25 minutes so I didnt stay long. Cut my day short so I could get home and catch up on a few things since it seemed like the fish were slow.

Most of my fish were males, a couple females full of eggs, and a couple with no eggs. Not sure what to make of all of that. I hope they get back into spawn mode this weekend so I can catch alot.

Cracker, whered you fish? If you can say of course. Believe it or not I have not fished ebll stumps, or moultrie fields, at all this year. Im tryin to change it up a little. End of last spring I fished places no one else was around and limited out. Seemed like I hit a few holes that no one else thought were producing.

Guys, I hope to have btter news tomorrow. I may fish the upper blue basin. Little birdie told me that he was catchin some slabs up there, but you might end up with more gar than crappie. But again maybe the fish will be in the trees to the north.

Good luck,

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give you a hint, I was 200 yrds away from a dock and boat ramp and 6 foot of water and its name was KS. Never even started the outboard except to load the boat. Most of my fish hit it when I was almost sitting still. didn't like it moving too much. Most where small but u would get a decent fish pretty regular.

I think they have moved shallower than 10 foot. I told a friend of mine where to go and he didn't listen and he finished half a day with 7 fish. He was fishing 10 foot of water on the bottom, just about opposite of what I told him, maybe he will listen next time.

I'm will be there Friday should be a dandy day.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

Thing about the depth, right before the cold weahter hit most people I talked to were catching fish 5-6ft of water. Some folks were catching them in trees and pads, I fished 10-12 ft of water 2 days before the cold front hit and had the single best days of size I ever had. Who knows....

Seems like I always catch small fish there,(KS) so I usually dont fish it much unless the wind makes me do it. I am just one of those guys if im not catchin 1-2lb fish im not that happy. With a NE wind tomorrow, and considering I didnt catch alot of fish on the NE shore today, I will most likely fish from Kirby pocket. I think I will try pads and trees early, then I might try and fish B.Slough, and if the wind us up high, tri timbers. If I dont do any good I may fish the NE banks from north of swan basin back to moultrie fields.

I WILL find the fish this week.

Any of you guys fishing this week let me know how your doin.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast